• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I thought Passengers suuuuuucked. Too many plot holes in the premise and just didnt really deliver. If you can get Pratt and JLaw on screen together you just let them go at it, which isnt really what happened.

The plot line lends itself more to a TV series than a 2 hour movie.

Watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Tina Fey still isn't much of an actress when it comes to drama - or even dramedy - but she held her own for the most part.

Saw On the Waterfront last night. Thought it was really good, but just short of great. It's always weird to me how Brando looked old even when he was young.

I enjoyed Mike and Dave way more than I thought I would. I would even say I was left with a positive opinion.

Speaking of Anna Kendrick, I saw The Accountant last night. It was ok, but the plot didn't do a lot for me. I don't like when they cast Kendrick with actors the height of Affleck. It makes her look like a 12 year-old.

Accountant was average at best, Mike and Dave entertained me more than I thought it would, I made the mistake of watching Independence Day 2, that movie is awful.

I didn't understand the weird accent Aubrey Plaza had in Mike and Dave, made no sense and ruined most of the movie for me for some reason

Watched Hell or High Water. It was good. I thought the last scene made it a much better movie as whole. Without it, I do not think I the movie would have been as successful as it was from a narrative perspective.

If you are in LA, you can see Half Baked at the Wiltern Theater on 4/20.

Saw Logan over the weekend. Pretty solid story that felt new - which is hard to do for a franchise/character that has spanned nine movies in 18 years. Definitely a little too long though.

Also, Sully is terrible. They could've made that movie 90 minutes long and made it real-time - kind of like United 93, but you know, happy. Instead, they tried to manufacture a faux-controversy and shoe-horn it into a non-linear, flashback story. Complete whiff from Eastwood, although Eckhart's mustache should've won a few awards.

Watched Hell or High Water. It was good. I thought the last scene made it a much better movie as whole. Without it, I do not think I the movie would have been as successful as it was from a narrative perspective.

Also watched that this weekend. Really enjoyed it.

Watched Jackie last night. Similar to Hell or High Water in that a dude got his brains blown out and we got to see a closeup of it. Ultimately, I was glad when the movie ended because it was a bit boring.

Watched War Dogs last night. It's the second best arms dealer movie I've seen. The only other one I've seen is Lord of War.

Saw two early '50s movies this weekend. The African Queen and High Noon. Thought TAF was really good, but I was defs distracted by Bogie's teeth. They seemed very weird. I read that perhaps he was purposefully accentuating them to seem more lower class.

Thought High Noon was also really good, but I didn't think it was the best western of all time as some have claimed. And Princess Grace may have been the most beautiful woman ever. The 30 year age difference between her and Gary Cooper was a little weird.

Both are worth a watch if you want to check out some of the older classics.

Saw two early '50s movies this weekend. The African Queen and High Noon. Thought TAF was really good, but I was defs distracted by Bogie's teeth. They seemed very weird. I read that perhaps he was purposefully accentuating them to seem more lower class.

Thought High Noon was also really good, but I didn't think it was the best western of all time as some have claimed. And Princess Grace may have been the most beautiful woman ever. The 30 year age difference between her and Gary Cooper was a little weird.

Both are worth a watch if you want to check out some of the older classics.

High Noon is an excellent flick. I think there is an understated tension to the entire flick that makes it one of the better westerns.

Back