• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Watched Ready Player One last night on UHD disc. Many, many changes from the book, but it worked. The acting was solid for this genre of movie, and the new story points fit into the original nicely.

The scenes from the Oasis are pure eye eye candy in 4K HDR. Depth of color, bright neon, dark shadows, and the textures of the avatars were very well done. The soundtrack was also engrossing, with a great "action movie" score and 80's staples.

Going to watch it again tonight with the wife, and it will be fun to pick out some of the 80's items and references I missed.

Watched Ready Player One last night on UHD disc. Many, many changes from the book, but it worked. The acting was solid for this genre of movie, and the new story points fit into the original nicely.

The scenes from the Oasis are pure eye eye candy in 4K HDR. Depth of color, bright neon, dark shadows, and the textures of the avatars were very well done. The soundtrack was also engrossing, with a great "action movie" score and 80's staples.

Going to watch it again tonight with the wife, and it will be fun to pick out some of the 80's items and references I missed.

I never read the book but I agree that the movie in 4K HDR looks incredible. Watched it streaming from iTunes on an Apple TV 4K so I technically wouldn't even be getting the full UHD disc experience and it was still crazy nice to look at.

Wife and I finally watched Hell or High Water a couple of nights back. I expected to like it based on reviews and the crew that made it. Even with that in mind, I liked it even more than I thought I would. The banter between the cops was especially funny to me, and Chris Pine was much better than expected. Still, Ben Foster should probably consider a couple of roles that aren't this same character again before that is all he ever plays for the rest of his career.

I loved Death of Stalin. I do kind of want to check out Eighth Grade. (Man, "Eighth" is a weird word).

I loved Death of Stalin, too. It's good as is, but is particularly powerful at this point in history. I was a bit distracted the star power in the beginning, but by about halfway through I was 100% on board. By the end, Buscemi was Khrushchev. That's impressive in my book.

Saw mamma Mia on Sunday since it was a rainy afternoon. Decently entertaining for somebody who isn’t a fan of musicals.

Rewatched The Last Jedi last night. Original complaints of Leia Mary Poppins-ing her way back to the ship, the whole Rose storyline remain. I forgot how awesome the scene is when Holdo blows the First Order’s ship up. The silence then that blast of sound. Might be one of my favorite Star Wars scenes ever. The fight in the throne room still is awesome, too.

Rewatching it, Adam Driver stands out. He is awesome in portraying Kylo’s internal conflict on which side he wants to be on.

I never read the book but I agree that the movie in 4K HDR looks incredible. Watched it streaming from iTunes on an Apple TV 4K so I technically wouldn't even be getting the full UHD disc experience and it was still crazy nice to look at.

Do you have a panel? I have a projector, and a relatively small screen, so I still get good brightness, but I'd love to see this one on an OLED.

Rewatched The Last Jedi last night. Original complaints of Leia Mary Poppins-ing her way back to the ship, the whole Rose storyline remain. I forgot how awesome the scene is when Holdo blows the First Order’s ship up. The silence then that blast of sound. Might be one of my favorite Star Wars scenes ever. The fight in the throne room still is awesome, too.

Rewatching it, Adam Driver stands out. He is awesome in portraying Kylo’s internal conflict on which side he wants to be on.

The misogynistic nerd-rage that dominates the anti-TLJ conversation are some of the best parts of the internet these days.

Fallout was amazing, thrilling from start to finish. Its up there with Ghost Protocol.

Justice League was awful. I watched the first half on a short flight, which actually wasn't TERRIBLE, and then finished on the flight home. The 2nd half was just horrendous.

Nice tie-in between the last two referenced movies - Mission Impossible & Justice League with Henry Cavill. The poorly done special effects in Justice League to remove his mustache were borne out of necessity due to his character in Mission Impossible.

Ironically that mustache was easily the worst thing about fallout.

Last edited:
Nice tie-in between the last two referenced movies - Mission Impossible & Justice League with Henry Cavill. The poorly done special effects in Justice League to remove his mustache were borne out of necessity due to his character in Mission Impossible.

I actually didn't know they did that, but I definitely thought something looked off about him during the movie.

Watched Molly's Game on a flight yesterday

It sucked

Back