• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

It was fucked up!

I enjoyed Session 9, but it’s been awhile since I saw it.

I’m halfway through the new Hellraiser. It’s okay. Weird story but this one kinda skimps on the atmosphere that makes the first one so weird (in a good way, imo).

It was fucked up!

I don’t remember when I first watched it, but it’s been my favorite for a long time and I’ve watched a ton of horror films since then. It’s one of the very few films that truly succeeds at being a slasher and haunted house film and mystery thriller. The camera work, direction, editing, acting, dialogue, everything works.
bc781b74bb54f1d44a13940a9bb88f5f.jpg

I’m a little disappointed in my own kids ,
both young teenage boys, , in how little effort they put into trying to watch horror or titty movies or anything rated R. That was all I thought about at that age , plus sports, and they are more into boring stuff like making good grades and being nice and things like that.
Do they have phones, iPad, laptop? If so, they’ve seen plenty of boobs, no need to expend any effort.

I don’t remember when I first watched it, but it’s been my favorite for a long time and I’ve watched a ton of horror films since then. It’s one of the very few films that truly succeeds at being a slasher and haunted house film and mystery thriller. The camera work, direction, editing, acting, dialogue, everything works.
bc781b74bb54f1d44a13940a9bb88f5f.jpg
The first five minutes or so I was a little disappointed in David Caruso’s line reads, they just felt really flat and unnatural, but it gets a lot better.

It’s a slow burn until it’s really tense.

Holy shit....I feel like such an idiot!

On about my 653rd rewatch of Back To The Future: Part II, I realized something I had never realized.

Marty's daughter in the future is played by Michael J Fox!

Going back, it's wayyy more obvious at the dinner table scene, seen below. I always thought it was weird the way they introduced her....she walks down the stairs and says "Mom, is that you?" and holds her head at the weird angle above. She also walks with her legs awkwardly together and purposely tries to walk more femininely. And she continues with the weird head movements, which idk, I can only guess to keep the wig out of MJF's face to make it noticeable? Or maybe to hide his Adam's apple? Which could be why they had her have the goggles/glasses things around her neck in the dinner scene.

Anyway, I have no idea how I missed it for all these years, but it makes the movie funnier, I think. Anyone else have an epiphany like this after multiple rewatches of a favorite, famous, or popular film?

So I'm a couple years late to the game, but I finally saw The Shining last night for the first time ever. I thought it was really good overall, but not super amazing or anything. I thought Nicholson and the kid were both great, but Shelley Duval bugged the shit out of me for most of it. What I thought was really great was how Kubrick used the music to set the tone though there really wasn't anything about it that was ever ultimately scary/jumpy.

Went to a screening of Clerks III with Kevin Smith last night and really, really liked it. I'm bordering on being a Kevin Smith fan boy, so the movie not be for everyone if you don't like his other stuff, but I thought it was a really great ending to the Clerks story. Definitely more in the vein of Clerks than Clerks II so far as subject matter goes.

The third act was really sad. I think everyone in the theater was crying during the scene when Randal shows Dante to final cut of their movie telling him that he's his hero and Dante takes Becky's hand in the theater and says "Let's go".

Do they have phones, iPad, laptop? If so, they’ve seen plenty of boobs, no need to expend any effort.

Yeah you are probably right but here is a story about my oldest who is just crazy smart. When he first got a phone , he was in the car and a had a super guilty look on his face so my wife asked him what he was looking at on his phone. He sheepishly showed her fully expecting that we were going to be mad….. turned out he was reading an article about North Korea’s nuclear weapons program and how that should make the whole world nervous. I still laugh at that.

so I watched a lot of horror movies over the last few weeks and my conclusion is that The Fog is still the best of the bunch

Halloween is a close second and a testament to Carpenter's genre GOAT status, imo

By some weird coincidence, the last 2 movies I've seen have been music biopic parodies.

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping gave me some yucks. Passably funny but not particularly notable.

Weird: The Weird Al Yankovic Story, on the other hand, is a masterpiece. I can't speak to how non-fans of Al will think of it, but if you love him (and I do), you'll love this. Free on Roku, just go to their website.

I was just going to post about Weird...what a great movie. Funny, a little strange, and highly entertaining. My kids only know Amish paradise so much of it was new territory for them but they loved it too. Oh and everything is absolutely true.

I was just going to post about Weird...what a great movie. Funny, a little strange, and highly entertaining. My kids only know Amish paradise so much of it was new territory for them but they loved it too. Oh and everything is absolutely true.
What ages? Im gonna watch but would love it as a family night one rather than some of thr bullshit they wanna watch.

The Wierd Al movie was damn funny. My kids didn't appreciate it.

Weird is completely ok for kids older than 7 or 8...worst part would be one scene with some cartoonish violence

watched Weird on account of some of the reviews in this thread. An absolute classic.

I saw Weird over the weekend. it was good, and a straight weird al movie.

Saw a few movies on my recent flights:

Nolan Ryan doc - Nolan is one of my favorite baseball players ever. I thought this was pretty well done and I enjoyed the shit out of it.
Confess, Fletch - went into this one knowing it wasn't going to be great, but I thought it was enjoyable enough. Just 90+ mins of funny shlock.
Gasoline Alley - LOL bad. I don't know how shit like this even gets made. I missed the last 15 mins because of landing, but I don't think I missed anything important.
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't a great movie or anything, but I thought it was fun and different and a totally great way to spend 100 minutes of an 8 hour flight.

When Jaws came out all I ever heard was "it's too scary for you at this age" and that stuck with me for decades until I finally saw it about 5 years ago. Now I finally get all those references people have been making over the years about needing a bigger boat.
There is a group every year in Austin that puts on Jaws showings on the lake. You gotta watch in inner tubes. It’s great

Back