• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw Trainwreck over the weekend with the wife and there are parts that made us laugh until it hurt...it's worth the price of admission...but Apatow needs a more aggressive editor...the movie was at least 20 minutes too long. Some scenes killed the mojo and were pretty obvious candidates for editing.

I just saw this too and for the most part I agree with this. Definitely too long, my score for the movie continuously declined over time. I loved it at first, when it seemed to basically be a bigger budget version of her show, then it seemed to shift to formulaic romcom and I lost my enthusiasm for it.

Saw Trainwreck over the weekend with the wife and there are parts that made us laugh until it hurt...it's worth the price of admission...but Apatow needs a more aggressive editor...the movie was at least 20 minutes too long. Some scenes killed the mojo and were pretty obvious candidates for editing.

Went to see it last night. Loved it, but agree that it was about 15 minutes too long, though not so much that it was bothersome. At least we were rewarded with the Chris Evert cameo.

Saw Trainwreck this weekend and really liked it, I was surprised at how funny the sports humor was, especially Lebron James trying to sell Cleveland to Bill Hader. It was too long.

Saw Trainwreck this weekend and really liked it, I was surprised at how funny the sports humor was, especially Lebron James trying to sell Cleveland to Bill Hader. It was too long.

I also liked it quite a bit. Thought some of the SNL people bombed though, like the stoned videogame kid.

Vanessa Bayer was turrible, but Hader knocked that shit out of the park. After Skeleton Twins and Trainwreck I think he's a legitimately good actor. Also John Cena (and his monster dong) was pretty hilarious

Vanessa Bayer was turrible, but Hader knocked that shit out of the park. After Skeleton Twins and Trainwreck I think he's a legitimately good actor. Also John Cena (and his monster dong) was pretty hilarious

speaking of monster dongs, where is diggler?

Saw it yesterday too. It was poorly edited but I'm not sure if length was the real problem. It was disjointed. The work drama seemed to come out of nowhere. One minute she was in line for a big promotion and the next minute see thought she'd lose her job if she didn't take a phone call during his speech.

It was strung together like a series of sketches. Too many plot points, even funny ones, didn't have much set up like the finale.

And I thought it was weird as hell that Amy Schumer wrote a movie in which the message seemed to be "don't sleep around, quit drinking, tolerate the sports, and get married like your sister and boyfriend want you to do."

There was some major editing of the movie. A Wake friend's kid was supposed to be in the film but he was notified two weeks ago that his part was cut. He was in a scene set at a kid's soccer game and he was in a minivan driven by Schumer and Hader. He was presumably one of their kids. So maybe there was an epilogue scene or something.

And how the hell did Tilda Swinton go from looking like Megan Rapinoe's albino mom to a doable boss lady? Makeup is powerful stuff.

All that said, it was hilarious. It was a gender swapped take on the typical Apatow rom com. My wife enjoyed it too even though she didn't really know anything about Schumer and it's not her type of humor. The sports stuff was better than I thought it would be. Lebron was used well here. They didn't have him to do much. Didn't explain why he always seemed to be in NYC during the season. The final scene seemed to be during a midseason Knicks game.

Last edited:
And I thought it was weird as hell that Amy Schumer wrote a movie in which the message seemed to be "don't sleep around, quit drinking, tolerate the sports, and get married like your sister and boyfriend want you to do."

double weird since Amy had sole writing credit

Blu Rays delivered to me today:

Ex Machina (never seen it)
It Follows (loved it)
Cool Hand Luke (favorite movie)
What We Do in the Shadows (never seen it)

"What We Do in the Shadows" is the Spinal Tap of vampire movies, it's nearly that good.

Da fuq was that Minions movie? My three year old seemed to enjoy it but it was probably just the popcorn.

So, Terminator Genisys was pretty shitty. Not surprising, but still disappointing.

Back