• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Got sucked into watching Lone Survivor last night; stayed up way too late to finish it, but I really liked it. Thought it was much better than American Sniper.

The Imitation Game was good. Somewhat comparable - I enjoyed it more than The Theory of Everything.

Saw Rogue Nation last week. I hadn't seen any of the other M:I movies, but I liked this one. Good action. Plot was strong enough. Villain wasn't all that compelling, but it didn't matter that much.

Saw Rogue Nation last week. I hadn't seen any of the other M:I movies, but I liked this one. Good action. Plot was strong enough. Villain wasn't all that compelling, but it didn't matter that much.

How have you never seen a M:I movie?

waitwut

My wife hadn't dragged me to see one before.

I feel like I've seen all the MI movies without really trying to see them and always enjoy them.

I don't see many movies. This was a special circumstance in that we got some time to ourselves to see three movies in two weeks and we saw the first two we wanted to see.

I don't see many movies. This was a special circumstance in that we got some time to ourselves to see three movies in two weeks and we saw the first two we wanted to see.

Too much time in the sack sharing some of that sexual chocolate?

Trainwreck is defs worth seeing. Great writing. Tons of laughs. John Cena really needs to quit w the needle and the cream.

Finally saw Spy yesterday and I thought it was great, very funny. Jason Statham was my favorite part of the movie.

I don't understand all the Trainwreck love. I can forgive most of Apatow's usual faults in creating an overly long and rambling crypto-conservative (every third act you gotta throw away the bongs) movie when it's actually funny. That shit was not that funny, and I like Amy Schumer. And the scene with Chris Evert and Marv Albert was like unforgivably bad... it was from a different unfunny Farrely brothers movie... I mean wtf was that. And LeBron must be getting graded on some kind of curve because everyone is acting like his acting wasn't awful.

If the gender roles were reversed on this film it would be the exact same mediocre comedy that comes out 6 times a year, except longer. I mean the shit isn't terrible but not nearly as good as its RT score or hype. I feel like its just a novelty because the chick is crass and loose instead of the dude.

Lebron's acting was awful yet intentionally funny. Other than that you nailed it but it worked anyway as a vehicle for Schumer and a twist on the usual Apatow film.

Haven't seen the new one but I rank: Ghost Protocol, MI, MI:3, MI:2. I feel like that is about the consensus.

Back