• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

While this is absolutely a fair complaint, it's something that only matters for 1 out of the 32 countries involved in the World Cup. While the World Cup being in Qatar is a joke for many reasons, interfering with American football isn't important at all to any non-US country. While it may have a large impact on the US viewership of the World Cup, I doubt American football puts too big of a dent into viewership overall.

I thought we were the only country that matters, so that being the case, color me rightly aggrieved.

A few months back out of curiosity I checked Marriott for rooms in Doha during the WC and was surprised to see there were several properties available with reasonable rates. I guess I should have reserved several and resold them, but I'm guessing Marriott would have just cancelled all my reservations once they figured things out.

While this is absolutely a fair complaint, it's something that only matters for 1 out of the 32 countries involved in the World Cup. While the World Cup being in Qatar is a joke for many reasons, interfering with American football isn't important at all to any non-US country. While it may have a large impact on the US viewership of the World Cup, I doubt American football puts too big of a dent into viewership overall.

They're going head to head with the SEC and College Gameday on Saturdays, which is a worldwide phenomenon.

Kind of. It's going to make for earlier longer days. Games will be at 5am, 8am, 11am and 2pm EST.

The big conflicts will be Thanksgiving Friday USA-England at 2pm EST vs. the noon and 1:00 kickoffs and if the US wins Group B and plays on Sunday Dec 4 at 2pm. I could see the NFL flexing a few games to 4pm in that case.

It also sets up a dynamic where there's only a few months between the men's and women's World Cups similar to only a few months between the Summer and Winter Olympics.

This is actually going to be FUCKING AWESOME !

Here are the college football games on Thanksgiving Friday:

Nebraska at Iowa
Arizona State at Arizona
Oregon at Oregon State
UCLA at California
Florida at Florida State
NC State at North Carolina
Central Michigan at Eastern Michigan
Toledo at Western Michigan

I'm guessing State at UNC gets an 11:00 am kickoff. Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan host 1:00 pm kickoffs against the World Cup. The other games kickoff at 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

Here are the college football games on Thanksgiving Friday:

Nebraska at Iowa
Arizona State at Arizona
Oregon at Oregon State
UCLA at California
Florida at Florida State
NC State at North Carolina
Central Michigan at Eastern Michigan
Toledo at Western Michigan

I'm guessing State at UNC gets an 11:00 am kickoff. Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan host 1:00 pm kickoffs against the World Cup. The other games kickoff at 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

I'd put the odds at less than 5% that UNC agreed to host a game the day after Thanksgiving that will start at 11:00am local time. It will more than likely be a 3:30 or 7pm kick-off on either ESPN, ABC, or the ACC Network, like this past year's game (announced as either 3:30pm or 7pm when the early season kick-off times came out around May).

Official US Soccer / World Cup 22 Thread (USA, England, Iran, Wales?)

LOL. I doubt ESPN will just concede the entire day until 4:00. They also aren’t going to put a big game up directly against a huge World Cup match.

It makes sense to have what could be a high profile east coast game at 11. UNC agreed to the date. ESPN controls the time.

Last edited:
LOL. I doubt ESPN will just concede the entire day until 4:00. They also aren’t going to put a big game up directly against a huge World Cup match.

It makes sense to have what could be a high profile east coast game at 11. UNC agreed to the date. ESPN controls the time.

They should probably put those two bobo ass Florida teams in the 11 am

Idk if I like a Thanksgiving Friday match. The boomers in my family will try to talk shit about us Liberal, Woke youngsters watching soccer, haha.

Idk if I like a Thanksgiving Friday match. The boomers in my family will try to talk shit about us Liberal, Woke youngsters watching soccer, haha.

one studs up tackle into the lower calf should sort that problem out

It's feast week. They'll show what they have shown for the past decade early on the Friday after Thanksgiving, college basketball games from Orlando/the Bahamas/some other tropical locale. Of course they won't punt the first half of the day.

I am reasonably certain UNC (and NC State, for that matter) would not have agreed to move the date to the Friday after Thanksgiving if it was likely to end up as an 11am local time kickoff. NC State was given a "3:30 or 7pm start time" assurance when they hosted this past year, would expect UNC to have been given the same consideration this year.

It's the best college football game of the day. It's going to get an afternoon or evening timeslot.

Done for the season, no word on how long. You wouldn't think it threatens November, but who would have thought he would miss six months from last hamstring.

But that distribution...

But that distribution...

I'm of the opinion that the keeper spot should be looked at just like the #9 spot. We need to expand the player pool and ultimately go with the in form guy come November.

Back