• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Do we war these gay uniforms just to piss off Muslim opponents ?

giphy.gif

That Morocco team looked completely uninterested in playing the game. So easy for so many of our guys to turn and go.

ION, Di Maria has announced he will retire from international soccer after the World Cup. Not sure if that is really news so much as an obvious confirm. And Argentina just ran over Italy yesterday at Wembley. Also, Chiellini is headed to LAFC (like soon).

is playing in MLS an easier path to US residency for some of these international stars that may want that?

is playing in MLS an easier path to US residency for some of these international stars that may want that?

Not sure if easier - I'd imagine those with plenty of $$ could find other ways of getting residency. But it's often a factor if they have children or families.

Pretty solid showing last night. Morocco didn't look great, but they're a solid side. US looked comfortable at times in the attack and played well from the back, especially Zimmerman and Turner. I thought Long was one player who looked pretty poor for stretches. 2nd half kind of lost the cohesion once Aaronson and Pulisic came off but I like the limited amount I saw from Wright and de la Torre.

How do you keep Aaronson off the field at this point, even when everyone is healthy?

Pulisic
Aaronson
Weah
Reyna
Musah
Adams
Mckennie

You likely have to bench 2 from that group, unless you elect to play one as a #9, then you have to bench one of them. Very tough call

Weah and Musah are benched for me out of that group

I think based on what I've seen I'd try either Weah as the 9 or one of Pulisic/Aaronson as a false 9. Musah ends up the odd man out for me.

We don't get enough out of the current crop of 9's to stick with it.

I'm intrigued by Aaronson -- or even Weah -- at the 9 given the current state of the position

Musah is an odd man out for me

assuming full health, hope we really lean into the MF depth and play aggressive in the World Cup

Also think our MF depth is pretty solid. I really like Musah, especially for a 19 year old. De la Torre has a bunch of skill too. Would be good to see us try and utilize the high press whenever possible and use that depth.

To me the big issue is can we play a front 4 with Dest and A. Robinson freely attacking and providing width? My sense is that Greg knows that he needs three midfielders to provide protection for Dest and to a lesser extent Robinson. That's why I tend to think it's going to be Musah, Adams, and McKennie and a front 3 of Pulisic, Reyna and either a 9 or one of Aaronson or Weah.

To me the big issue is can we play a front 4 with Dest and A. Robinson freely attacking and providing width? My sense is that Greg knows that he needs three midfielders to provide protection for Dest and to a lesser extent Robinson. That's why I tend to think it's going to be Musah, Adams, and McKennie and a front 3 of Pulisic, Reyna and either a 9 or one of Aaronson or Weah.

Going with the MMA midfield today with Puli, Jesus and Weah up top.

Medford Messi benched

Back