• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

again, assuming full health, Gio is more talented than Weah, Aaronson, or Musah (all of whom I like a lot) and should start

again, assuming full health, Gio is more talented than Weah, Aaronson, or Musah (all of whom I like a lot) and should start

I agree. But Musah aint coming out, so its RW or #9 for Gio. I think he starts at RW if healthy, but I also think it's foolish to assume he will be healthy.

I agree. But Musah aint coming out, so its RW or #9 for Gio.

Agreed. Assuming all are healthy (admittedly a big assumption), the open places are keeper, center back pairing with Zimmerman, and the 9. I can see arguments for Weah or Aaronson over Reyna on the right side of the front 3 but still think Reyna starts when it's all said and done.

just realized that Pefok led the Swiss league with 22 goals last season

I just don't see a large, slow, target forward benefiting or helping our lineup. Pefok and Haji are both out, IMO. Maybe included as a late situational sub at best?

Tim Cahill is not walking through that door. Australia tied with UAE in the 80th minute for a chance to play Peru next week for a spot in Qatar.

CP looking like a twat

FUvoPm9X0AANrMM

Carter Vickers to Celtics on permanent deal.

Nations League match against Grenada tonight. If a #9 can't score its probably time to find another plan.

It's becoming clearer that Berhalter's plan is to continue player/team development of field players who are mostly under 25 y/o and can work their way into the conversation. At the #9 there are no true standouts yet, and definitely no game changing older guys. So you're gonna see Berhalter pick a group for the WC that fit his vision of a #9 regardless of their current form in the 60 days before Nov. Just play who feels right for each match. He's gonna end up doing the same at center back. Nobody stands out like Miles Robinson did. While I would consider Brooks for a spot I think Berhalter is looking further ahead. Qatar is gonna be a learning experience for this team more than a "stamp of approval". 2026 will be a chance to field a true Int'l quality senior team probably for the first time in US history. 20-23 field players who can all play WC minutes. It's a possibility because there are a lot of players out there that can be on the radar over the next 4 years. Keep in mind that Aaronson, Weah, M. Robinson, A Robinson, Zimmerman, Musah, Del A Torre, Horvath and others weren't on the 1st team radar 2 years ago. 2022 is a turn the page year and 2026 will be an explosion for soccer in America.

Last edited:
Back