• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Ooof, rough own goal for Yarmolenko. Ukraine has looked solid though, I'd expect a tying goal.

Wales a better matchup for the USMNT than Ukraine. Tough to watch, but better result for us

Wales a better matchup for the USMNT than Ukraine. Tough to watch, but better result for us

Yeah agreed. Ukraine was the better side and far more balanced than Wales. Would have liked to see Ukraine advance but happy not to play them.

Scally and Yedlin at outside back, Johnson in for Turner and McKennie for Aaronson.

Scally and Yedlin at outside back, Johnson in for Turner and McKennie for Aaronson.

Would like to see Johnson and Horvath each get 45 today. Scally and Yedlin should be more defensive. Hope Wes balls out. Also want to see Haji again at HT.

It sure which of uruguays top players ended up playing,but pretty impressive to outpossess and outshoot them even if home.

Decent game, some half chances in the first half. Second half things kind of fell apart a bit. Arriola and Scally didn't impress. Wright didn't get many looks, tough to judge his performance. Still think Aaronson or Weah could play that 9, though in very different ways.

Decent game, some half chances in the first half. Second half things kind of fell apart a bit. Arriola and Scally didn't impress. Wright didn't get many looks, tough to judge his performance. Still think Aaronson or Weah could play that 9, though in very different ways.

Weah has really separated himself apart with recent few games with great runs, passes and shots. Very threatening with the ball.

Keep Weah at RW being direct and running the channels. He’s our most consistent attacker in that position, don’t move him.

Thought Yedlin had a pretty bad match.

Arriola tries really hard, but we have much better options now.

Didn't think that either Long or Palmer-Brown brought much, and both looked pretty overmatched.

We were lucky that Uruguay shat the bed on some great chances to get the result.

As a US fan I am glad we are playing Wales. But soccer can be such a cruel sport. Between their play today and the war Ukraine deserved that spot

Thought Yedlin had a pretty bad match.

Arriola tries really hard, but we have much better options now.

Didn't think that either Long or Palmer-Brown brought much, and both looked pretty overmatched.

We were lucky that Uruguay shat the bed on some great chances to get the result.

Scally as well. Jedi is now in sharpie at the LB position (not that he wasnt already)

Also, continuing on the conversation from earlier, Musah isn't getting benched by GGG. I think the following players are 100% sharpie locks to start for GGG no matter the opponent, assuming good health:

Pulisic
Adams
Musah
McKennie
Jedi
Dest
Zimmerman

That leaves #9, RW, LCB, and GK as the spots that are open

As someone mentioned on Twitter yesterday, the big winner at CB last night was Chris Richards (and for me, despite GGG's idiocy, John Brooks).

Scally as well. Jedi is now in sharpie at the LB position (not that he wasnt already)

Also, continuing on the conversation from earlier, Musah isn't getting benched by GGG. I think the following players are 100% sharpie locks to start for GGG no matter the opponent, assuming good health:

Pulisic
Adams
Musah
McKennie
Jedi
Dest
Zimmerman

if we're assuming good health, hard to see how you can keep Gio out of the starting lineup

Add Reyna, Aaronson and that's 9 of 11 that are pretty damn good

Pulisic
Adams
Musah
McKennie
Jedi
Dest
Zimmerman

I’d add Weah to that list at RW, he’s been are most consistent attacker for the last 9 months when playing there.

I want to see Haji with the first team but if he doesn’t work out then I think the plan needs to be having Gio play Ferreira’s false 9 role. With Aaronson looking good centrally I think Gio can best be used at the 9.

Pulisic-Reyna-Weah
McKennie-Adams-Musah

With Aaronson, LDLT and Ferreira/Haji/Pepi/Dike is good depth for our front 6

if we're assuming good health, hard to see how you can keep Gio out of the starting lineup

Add Reyna, Aaronson and that's 9 of 11 that are pretty damn good

I’d add Weah to that list at RW, he’s been are most consistent attacker for the last 9 months when playing there.

I want to see Haji with the first team but if he doesn’t work out then I think the plan needs to be having Gio play Ferreira’s false 9 role. With Aaronson looking good centrally I think Gio can best be used at the 9.

Pulisic-Reyna-Weah
McKennie-Adams-Musah

With Aaronson, LDLT and Ferreira/Haji/Pepi/Dike is good depth for our front 6

Gio, Aaronson, and Weah can not all be added. 2 out of 3, max, but likely 1 out of 3 if you're playing a true 9.

At this point, I don't think we can count on Gio to start. It's Aaronson or Weah at the RW position, and then a true #9. GGG would have put Weah at the #9 this cycle if that were an option for him.

Pepi is still my starting #9

I'm cool with Jesus and whoever is hottest in October to be the two backups on the roster. Not Haji or Pefok though, I just don't think they fit our system at all. Dike likely my 3rd if he can regain his form.

Back