• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

pefok with another goal for my union

would be a real head scratcher if he gets left at home for pepi

Call me crazy but I would personally bring Pepi. For me, this WC is all about building for 2026 where we will be a top 6 favorite, potentially top 4. I think Berhalter has been promised 4 more years and is thinking the same.

I absolutely get the argument that you show up to this World Cup to compete and win, but I think certain players are locks just for their 2026 potential.

My view is that because of Sargent's versatility, you can bring Pefok, Sargent, Ferreira and Pepi, and leave Jordan Morris at home. If Morris is there as cover for the wings, is he really going to give you more than Sargent at that spot?

With Pulisic, Reyna, Aaronson, and Weah, whats the point of even bringing Arriola and Morris?

Yeah that's a good point. Morris isn't adding anything Ferreira, Arriola or Sargent can't add off the bench out wide. Might as well bring an in form #9 instead.

Weah having not played at all this season has me slightly worried. He'll need to get in game shape pretty quickly on a side where he's not a sure starter by any means.

It was awful. Maybe 300 US fans total. Japan had 8-10k maybe but atmosphere was rough. And the US performance was just embarrassing. Including a half assed show of appreciation for the fans after the game.

I watched the 1st half but then had to do some work. Please tell me we're going to get a Robinson or 2 back. Vines was non-existent, and Long and Zimmerman (who I like) were giving it away constantly. Can Ferreira ever finish in front of the goal? The only guys who impressed at all were Dest and Turner. OTOH, really impressed with Japan's press, and their kits are way better than ours. I'd like to see them take out a Spain or Germany.

The way Japan pressed as a team is exactly how I would want the US to do it. They were relentless, physical and always in the right spots.

Back