• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

"Pepi By Nature!"

Hilarious call.

Oh damn, it worked. Pepi and Robinson doing work. Nice ball from Yedlin on that 2nd.

Can we stop having Acosta take free kicks and corner kicks? He’s not good at them. Or better yet stop having Acosta on the field.

You all were right to get hyped about Pepi. Wow.

Good night.

Garbage first two performances but with a nice 2nd half we're actually in great position.

Against a 3 points at home, 1 on the road standard:

Mexico +2
US 0
Canada -2
Panama -2
El Salvador -3
JAMAICA -4
Ticos -5
Honduras -5

It's not often that a team that looks that bad loses their best player to injury and fuels a huge comeback in a must-win game. Great effort.

It's not often that a team that looks that bad loses their best player to injury and fuels a huge comeback in a must-win game. Great effort.

Very possible we're too reliant on him and he is trying to do too much. But the halftime changes made the difference. Antonee Robinson might be one of our most important players. So good getting forward and proving g width and service.

Good night.

Garbage first two performances but with a nice 2nd half we're actually in great position.

Against a 3 points at home, 1 on the road standard:

Mexico +2
US 0
Canada -2
Panama -2
El Salvador -3
JAMAICA -4
Ticos -5
Honduras -5

Yep. Almost every other match has gone our way with the results. We’re in a great spot despite shit performances.

Very possible we're too reliant on him and he is trying to do too much. But the halftime changes made the difference. Antonee Robinson might be one of our most important players. So good getting forward and proving g width and service.

That was definitely the case in the 1st half. He was the main hope for generating real scoring opportunities. I don't remember Pepi doing much in the 1st but he was certainly more involved in the 2nd especially after Pulisic left the game. Maybe Pepi will feel more comfortable next game and develop the chemistry with Pulisic.

That was definitely the case in the 1st half. He was the main hope for generating real scoring opportunities. I don't remember Pepi doing much in the 1st but he was certainly more involved in the 2nd especially after Pulisic left the game. Maybe Pepi will feel more comfortable next game and develop the chemistry with Pulisic.

Pepi, like most of our players, we’re playing in unfamiliar roles in the first half. Sargent who was supposed to be the RW, kept drifting into his space and Pulisic kept dropping deep, so he was just kind of lost like everyone else.

The HT restructuring returned him to a natural 9 role and he looked much more comfortable.

Also his goal was such a nice header.

Damn it feel good to be the driver of the Pepi and Aaronson hype trains for the past 3 months.

How is Brenden Aaronson still flying under the radar with USMNT fans? The kid is so good and has been our most productive player for months now.

Robinson has arguably been the best player in all three of these qualifying matches so far.

And holy shit Pepi. I love that kid. Hate that I have to watch him play for FC Dallas, but man is he fun to watch

you must be referring to Puli's habit of trying to dribble through all 11 field players

John Brooks kinda sucks in CONCACAF

Although I blame Gregg for starting him in this stopper CB role which should be Sands

He’s not athletic enough to play that high as a defender

Brooks is killing us at CB. He was out of position on the goal given up vs. Canada and even moreso on Honduras 1st goal as was hardly in same zip code as the Honduran player that got the header. And Sargent has to go. He should not get anymore minutes. I still have not seen anything out of him to warrant the minutes he gets and have to give others a chance as he is just wasting opportunity for other players to shine. Aaronson is heads and shoulder over him currently and should be starting all day over him and Hoppe should be on team instead of Sargent as he has shown so much more potential in previous matches.

the Brooks thing is kinda hard to explain because he's very good when I watch Wolfsburg

Back