• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

I only caught the game from the 75 minute on, but damn was it fun to catch some (somewhat) meaningful US Soccer again

Also, Clint Dempsey is amazing in the studio role. He’s the soccer version of the TNT NBA crew. Fun, genuine, and unpredictable.

Also, Clint Dempsey is amazing in the studio role. He’s the soccer version of the TNT NBA crew. Fun, genuine, and unpredictable.

I was thinking the same thing. Best studio chemistry I've seen outside of TNT. I'm still up watching this ridiculously long postgame for a extra time match.

24014bf31ec813174d903d64cb152b79.jpg

McKennie
Horvath
Reyna
Brooks

HUGE match for those guys.

Shoutout to Acosta for holding his on? He wasn’t a liability at all, IMO

Dest and Pulisic really struggled.

I only caught the game from the 75 minute on, but damn was it fun to catch some (somewhat) meaningful US Soccer again

Probably just as well you missed the first half. We did not look good. Credit to the team for coming back twice and finding a way to win.

Nice confidence boost for the group, but man we also have a lot of work to do.

Hopefully last night killed the 3 CB formation. It just doesn't work with our current personnel. I wanted to see it when Adams was unavailable, but I don't think Brooks, Ream or McKenzie was comfortable playing it.

If Adams can't go at the 6 I'd rather play a 4-2-3-1 double-pivot with McKennie and Acosta than see Yueill as a single sitting 6. I think Busio is more comfortable playing in a double-pivot too, as he has to get a look at the GC along with Sands and Flach.

I'm still kinda in a euphoric high over it even tho the trophy is a made up one

We won the CONCACAF Carabao Cup and I'm still fucking amped 10 hours later. There isn't a better feeling in sports for me then beating El Tri in a final. Excluding WC victories.

saw that Ole Gunnar gave Horvath his first Euro contract back in Norway in 2013

saw that Ole Gunnar gave Horvath his first Euro contract back in Norway in 2013
Wow. THAT is how I knew his name. I ran with Molde in FIFA online back then because of 20LEgend. Had an attacking mid named Berger that was money against 3 star teams to get me dubs

Reyna solidifying his starting spot for WCQ was refreshing to see. He needed a massive performance and delivered in a big way

Probably just as well you missed the first half. We did not look good. Credit to the team for coming back twice and finding a way to win.

Nice confidence boost for the group, but man we also have a lot of work to do.

Great win but still not a fan of Berkhalter as this team should be doing better than just scoring off set pieces like teams of the past. Lots of talent in midfield and up front to be controlling ball more and creating more. Granted some of it is lack of time together and top players probably exhausted like Pulisic who has been playing huge game after huge game between EPL, FA Cup and Champions League the last 3-4 months.

There has to be better answers than McKenzie and Ream in our back four. Otherwise we are going to always be in a shootout as they just aren't good. Robinson, Miazga, Cannon, Brooks or some other players not currently on the team have to be better defenders against the best teams in the world. McKenzie just doesn't have the confidence and seems a couple years away from being able to be a mainstay and Ream is just horribly slow.

And just mind blowing how Musah doesn't get any time on the field when Acosta and Lletget are getting as many minutes as they do. Acosta maybe didn't cost us last night, but we need to let the young stud get mins. if Musah is everything folks have made him out to be. Either the rest of the world and Valencia is nuts or Berkhalter is and I'll go with the latter. Finally I think the team's scoring ability is going to be very fun if Dike or Altidore (is he still even an option for US MNT?) play up top. Sargent is a solid player, but need him to come on as a sub and not the starter as he seemed to tire out and miss some great opportunities as well as got pushed off an early shot easily that had him falling away as he shot it that Dike or Altidore would have gotten a much better chance.

Dike is FWD #1 moving forward. He was a big winner from this tournament without stepping on the pitch.

Altidore can't even start for his club team anymore. Big Jozy fan, but his USMNT days are behind him.

Back