• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

The roster was announced last night. Sounds like Dest won't be able to make it though with a hamstring injury.

Aaronson just injured himself during warmups and is removed from the lineup.

We’re not qualifying are we?

More reason to avoid finishing 4th, if we do and we qualify we'll fall from Pot 2 to Pot 4 for the World Cup draw

Aaronson just injured himself during warmups and is removed from the lineup.

We’re not qualifying are we?

Unless the doomsday scenario happens and CRC has a perfect window, beat Panama at home and we are in. Even with the current crop of injuries, we should be able to put out a very strong side in the game with potential game changers on the bench. I know we are all still scarred from the T&T debacle but we are going to be OK.

Unless the doomsday scenario happens and CRC has a perfect window, beat Panama at home and we are in. Even with the current crop of injuries, we should be able to put out a very strong side in the game with potential game changers on the bench. I know we are all still scarred from the T&T debacle but we are going to be OK.

A win in that match on guarantees us 4th, and a spot in the play in match vs. New Zealand

Steffen/Turner; Yedlin, Zimmerman, M. Robinson, A. Robinson; Adams, Acosta/DLT, Musah; Pulisic, Pefok/Pepi/Ferreira, Gio

That's an above average XI even with the injuries, as long as everything goes OK in Azteca I really like our chances. I would prefer Steffen, DLT, and Pefok of those positions that are question marks above, but having options is good too.

Steffen/Turner; Yedlin, Zimmerman, M. Robinson, A. Robinson; Adams, Acosta/DLT, Musah; Pulisic, Pefok/Pepi/Ferreira, Gio

That's an above average XI even with the injuries, as long as everything goes OK in Azteca I really like our chances. I would prefer Steffen, DLT, and Pefok of those positions that are question marks above, but having options is good too.

Turner is out - he's been injured the last month or so. Not a big deal, probably our deepest position without major drop off. And there's no doubt we still have the more talented team than Panama, but given the complete lack of consistency I am far less confident about winning any particular game. Haven't we lost every qualifier we've played in San Jose? And not much better in Mexico City. Costa Rica meanwhile has two home matches against North American teams and an away match at last place El Salvador.

But yeah if Canada would like to take care of CR on Thursday that would be greatly preferred

A point would work and that would essentially secure Canada's qualification on goal difference, glad they're playing them before they've completely wrapped up a spot at least

Official US Soccer / World Cup 22 Thread (Potential for things to get hairy in March)

HAPPY USA-MEX GAMEDAY

Woke up a little bummed that we pulled out last second, but it was probably the right move for us.

SD3 live it up my dude and bring the DOS A CERO VIBES to Azteca

In less important, but mildly interesting WCQ news: the Cook Islands and Vanuatu have withdrawn from OFC qualification because of COVID-19. That leaves Tahiti and Solomon Islands as the only remaining teams in their group. They will play this morning to determine the group winner/runner-up for the final stage, and forget the rest of the round-robin.

Turkey misses a game-tying PK in the 85th minute at Portugal.

North Macedonia still level at Italy despite being outshot 3 to 30(!).

Disaster for Italy. Second straight missed World Cup.

Bliss for North Macedonia. They won at Germany and Italy this cycle!

North Macedonia travels to Portugal next week for a spot in the World Cup.

Back