• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

England is going to totally lay down for Wales and win like 1-0 aren't they?
That's my fear. If the US loses to England and Wales beat Iran (the expected results), England has little incentive to go all-out vs. Wales. A tie would be pretty likely, and that would eliminate the US in such a scenario.

So...here's hoping for a result against England!

I am not convinced Wales will get a result against Iran. They were both awful. But yeah, dropping 2 points was painful. Wales had nothing going for them and got bailed out by a silly penalty where there was no danger.

Reyna better be injured or berhalter should be gone. Reyna vs Morris isn’t a decision and Reyna is a legit threat.

I am not convinced Wales will get a result against Iran. They were both awful. But yeah, dropping 2 points was painful. Wales had nothing going for them and got bailed out by a silly penalty where there was no danger.
Wales dominated us the second half, and it felt like they were going to get a goal even without the penalty. The two headers right before the penalty almost went in.

Was hoping to take more advantage of our set piece opportunities. I know Weston is good in the air. Or maybe I'm just stuck in the past as a US soccer supporter where we had to generate a lot of offense from corners...

GB apparently said that Morris gave us more speed and power than Gio, so there you have it.

Wales ended up with one more shot (7-6) and two more shots on goal (3-1) than the US. For all the dominance of possession in the first half by the US, there was really only 3 scoring chances (the goal, the "almost" own goal followed immediately by the Sargent header that hit the outside of the post).

This draw is on Gregg. Great game plan in the first half and a complete inability to adapt in the second. Don't keep doing the same thing once the other team makes tactical changes.

I'm also concerned about how tired our guys looked in the second half. In the first, we were clearly more energized, but by the second we looked slow.

Was hoping to take more advantage of our set piece opportunities. I know Weston is good in the air. Or maybe I'm just stuck in the past as a US soccer supporter where we had to generate a lot of offense from corners...

It takes better service from CP10 who was absolute shit in regards to services today. Shit in more areas as well, but service was the most glaring outside of maybe not bitching, which he the most shitful in bitching. So I guess he dominated some categories.

We are shit at them

Play it short and work a better chance than 0% from a direct service into the box

I think the hope with the Morris sub was that he might get a header on a ball. He's strong enough that he won't get pushed around, but he (like everyone else on our roster) isn't a serious aerial threat.

Also, as y'all noted here, that was a great, great foul by Acosta.

All that possession and absolutely jack shit to show for it, the end result was the same as if they just sprinted down the wing and quickly hit a horrible cross.

Another opportunity pissed away by USMST; first half they looked like Champs, second, Chumps.
No excuse for that penalty in the box. The defender had his back to the goal. Totally unnecessary.
The last 10 minutes was all Wales. We were lucky with a draw. Advancing is now 50/50 at best.

Another opportunity pissed away by USMST; first half they looked like Champs, second, Chumps.
No excuse for that penalty in the box. The defender had his back to the goal. Totally unnecessary.
The last 10 minutes was all Wales. We were lucky with a draw. Advancing is now 50/50 at best.
love these takes. see you in 2026!

Turned this match on 5 mins ago. Arg has been offside 4 times since. WTF

I assume they know the rule...

Make it 5 times. Laturo needs to bend his runs. Effin hell...

Back