• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

some USMNT items related to MY teams:

- Guti and Brady denied a release for the U20 World Cup by the Fire

- Dest linked to Union Berlin

Don't know much about their up and coming players, but the ones just now establishing themselves will thrive in that crazy bastard's system. This could be Chile 2.0 (circa 2010, I think? Feel like Chile was so fun to watch in South Africa)

Really promising. Doing great in the French League this year for a mid-table squad, Reims. If he's Jonathan David level that's huge.

GTFO. That's awesome

All I've read is that he is terrific. How good is this guy really all you smarter folks than me ?
Not to over hype him (SD3 would never do that) but he’s a clear level above both Musah and Dest in terms of dual nats that we’ve landed.

Easily the most important of all time, best player at a position of need.

Though it would not surprise me if in 15 years Musah is the consensus #1

Already started 4 WC matches and is a locked in starter in the Midfield for the next 12 years.

Both are massive for us.

Reims is interesting this year and has been getting a lot of press because they have an English coach who took kind of an odd path to where he is (just being a coach in Europe is pretty weird for an Englishman). Will Still, maybe one to keep an eye on -- managing at a much higher level than Graham Potter was when he was in Europe.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Balogun this offseason. Not sure how clear the path is for him at Arsenal.

Feel like the best outcome for both parties, I think. Was the new director fella at Southampton when they were talking to Marsch? Or had he left already?

I'm alright with that. Seems to me that Crocker was about to sign Marsch at Southampton and then maybe found out he was getting the US job and so Marsch backed out? I know it was said Marsch wanted a long term contract but odd timing. Seems like maybe this was discussed then.

Seems odd Malik Tillman didn't make it. Had a great season at Rangers.

Back