• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Wake-BC Game Thread (THE RIVALRY)

Sacrificing half a football game to set up a 17 point comeback is just fucking stupid. No way that was Clawson's intent.

Nothing from Claw on the roughing penalty that was picked up.

Go fuck yourself. You must really be full of yourself. Since when do you think you have the right to speak for anyone other than yourself....or to tell other WF posters...particularly WF graduates...to "go away"?

The point is that the ACC ain't Fordham.

(And, evidently, you do not ascribe to the title at the top of this page: "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely."

He can speak for me on this one. Go away, asshole. (Of course you won't see this because you put on ignore those whose discussion of Wake athletics you don't agree with. Enjoy your hypocrisy.) Since Wake is hopeless in fb maybe you should start cheering for UNC again. I bet you could get a good deal on a sweatshirt now

Go fuck yourself. You must really be full of yourself. Since when do you think you have the right to speak for anyone other than yourself....or to tell other WF posters...particularly WF graduates...to "go away"?

The point is that the ACC ain't Fordham.

(And, evidently, you do not ascribe to the title at the top of this page: "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely."

What a thoroughly pointless post. You aren't discussing anything. You aren't offering a point of view worthy of discussion. You have established your position that Wake cannot compete at any of the sports in which it participates. If it manages success, it is because it is doing it the wrong way. No one shares your point of view. Your time is over. The world has left you behind. You offer nothing worthwhile here and are not welcome. Yet, you won't leave. So, go ahead and post freely, but don't expect anyone to offer you anything but the gratification you find from hate and conflict.

The fact that the Ref announced the call as "there is no penalty for roughing the passer" showed how clueless that crew was on that play. Neither Clawson nor the majority of the fans saw the flag as a roughing penalty since the timing of the release of Wolford's pass was just prior to the hit. Instead we all assumed the call was for unnecessary roughness resulting from a helmet to helmet hit. When they picked up the flag there was no explantion other than "no penalty for roughing the passer." Yeah, no kidding , ref, but where is the helmet to helmet. What made it even worse was that Clawson was so certain that there was a penalty that he immediately was asking them for an ejection. Imagine how outraged you'd be when your initial reaction is to want the opposing player ejected for targeting only to find out that not only do you not get that but that they're picking up the flag to boot and they don't even realize that roughing the passer wasn't the issue. I hope he told them that the tape was going Monday morning to the league office and they won't be working next weekend.

Nothing from Claw on the roughing penalty that was picked up.

In after game on field radio interview, he stated he couldn't comment on that play as he would be fined. Said he didn't want to pay a fine. Clearly didn't like it.

In after game on field radio interview, he stated he couldn't comment on that play as he would be fined. Said he didn't want to pay a fine. Clearly didn't like it.

Good to hear. I didn't hear that on the radio.

^ and there was plenty from Claw on that penalty during the game. He spent the entire break between the quarters going off on any ref that got within 10 yards of him.

Was very encouraging to see Clawson really going at the refs about the helmet-to-helmet no call after more that a decade of crouching, grass-picking responses to bad calls. Claw is willing to fight just as hard as he expects his players to.

Clawson will be fine and probably go down as one of the best coaches in WFU history. This team is all on Grobe for recruiting a bunch of knotheads. (I think we have lost between 23 - 25 scholarship players to attrition). That's why the team is so young. Also, Grobe giving his team half the summer off was a joke. Grobe was a good coach but really relaxed the last few years and spent way too much time of the golf course. (like our Pres.)

I saw it, friend. Nobody on ignore now. :)

Have a nice day.

(And I still think that Clawson is going to be another Billy Hildebrand. Personally, I don't think he will ever win more than 6 games in one year at WF against FBS opponents....and will win as many as 6 games against FBS opponents only rarely. I've seen this show for many, many years. I guess it will take a while to get through some posters' heads, but eventually they will come to appreciate the unprecedented enormity of what Jim Grobe did when he won 28 games in 3 years and went to three straight bowls games...including the Orange Bowl...and was named National COY in 2006. Your grandchildren won't live to see it happen again.)

so are you trying to convince everyone on a wake forest sports message board to not follow wake forest or....

Have a nice day.

(And I still think that Clawson is going to be another Billy Hildebrand. Personally, I don't think he will ever win more than 6 games in one year at WF against FBS opponents....and will win as many as 6 games against FBS opponents only rarely. I've seen this show for many, many years. I guess it will take a while to get through some posters' heads, but eventually they will come to appreciate the unprecedented enormity of what Jim Grobe did when he won 28 games in 3 years and went to three straight bowls games...including the Orange Bowl...and was named National COY in 2006. Your grandchildren won't live to see it happen again.)

Boob or Bob?

I greatly respect Grobe for that and it was a tremendous run. What is infuriating to the majority of us is the fact the momentum was squandered, the staff didn't recruit effectively in the following years, and the unwillingness to make staff changes all combined to let the program slide back down hill.

Have a nice day.

Bill Hildebrand never was a head coach other than his 4 years at WFU. Why he is being compared to a coach that has built 3 programs before Wake is beyond me? You just know that bkf hopes Clawson fails here since his bizarre world view will be validated.

Last edited:
There was never any realistic chance that Grobe's amazing 3-year run with 28 wins from 2006 thru 2008 could be sustained....by Grobe or by anyone else. Those three years were a once in a lifetime event. That's what many posters on this board cannot seem to get thru their heads.

Can you provide links to the posts where folks said that is the expectation for Clawson? Your comparison to a three year stretch over a decade of employment isn't exactly doing you too many favors. How does Grobe's worst 3 year stretch compare to WF history?

It's also interesting that you continually hedge your bet against your own alma mater by providing caveats about wins over FCS opponents as if those were somehow not factored into Grobe's accomplishments.

Last edited:
You realize Boston College went to a bowl game 12 years in a row. Explain why you feel Wake Forest cannot hope to string together more than 3.

Is it because of the football recruiting hotbed that is Massachuetts?

Also, bud, out of curiosity, what were your expectations for Jim Grobe when he was hired? He built on the same foundation of futility that you believe prohibits Clawson's success. I assume it was equally impossible for him to win an ACC Championship in today's ACC.

You realize Boston College went to a bowl game 12 years in a row. Explain why you feel Wake Forest cannot hope to string together more than 3.

Is it because of the football recruiting hotbed that is Massachuetts?

Flutie Flakes

Back