• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

Do we have multiple base packages? Would we switch to basically zone when Anderson is in?

He was too slow to play safety and if we are playing man I’d guess that only gets worse at nickel.
* he was too slow to play nickel against UNC. Speed is fine for safety

Also, there are more players than roster spots at every level because of the extra covid year is still at play. There is also a trickle down impact of the transfer portal as Power V schools are offering a higher percentage of their ships to transfers, which used to go to HS seniors. Those seniors that used to fill up the back-end of Power V classes now go to Group of Five schools. The back end of the ships that used to go to G5 schools now go to FCS. That leaves more recruits for FCS schools and higher quality walk-ons at all levels.

Yeah, middling is underselling the mood somewhat in 2006. I think most people thought we would be much improved, but because a lot of those returning starters were juniors in 2006, we were pointing to 2007 as the year we would make some real noise.
Sometimes junior year is better than senior year.

Getting pumped. Was watching ACC Huddle season preview and Eddie Royal is my new guy. He starts off saying he wishes he was doing the game Thursday but will settle for VaTech (paraphrase) but at the end when everyone is going through their favorite parts of the ACC Roadtrip (talking with QBs, relationships, etc) he straight up says Wake and Clawson... building great things from the inside out. He comes across as a true believer. I dig it.

Just got the family tickets. Anybody have a parking pass to spare?

Tried to listen to the Dave Clawson Show from Monday but site seems completely broken.

Back