• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

Yeah, it's the opposite of a criticism of Sam.

He's saying that he wants the defense to pull its weight and equally contribute to winning as opposed to the offense carrying us to wins.

I would really like to see our RB's collectively have a good game. The combo of Ellison and Claiborne should be pretty strong for us.

My hottest take is that, while I think there will be some learning on the fly in-game going on, there won't be a huge drop-off from Sam to Mitch.

I'm in "wait-and-see" on defense as always. Hopefully year two under Lambert and slightly fewer plays will help them out.

I would really like to see our RB's collectively have a good game. The combo of Ellison and Claiborne should be pretty strong for us.

My hottest take is that, while I think there will be some learning on the fly in-game going on, there won't be a huge drop-off from Sam to Mitch.
It would be helpful if they were handed the ball before they were already being tackled.

Yeah, I'd like to see our defense win a game all by itself.

I'm in "wait-and-see" on defense as always. Hopefully year two under Lambert and slightly fewer plays will help them out.

I’m really excited to see Claiborne get his shot. Oddly, it seemed like we heard more about him last spring than this one. Hopefully he has learned how to block, as we know that will severely hinder his playing time if he hasn’t.

towns has been out; from what i can piece together, the injuries include:

• rb - towns
  • wr - greene
  • te - frogge (maybe lodge too)
  • dl- hudson and chaney (maybe hall)
  • lb- robinson (out for season)
  • db- stevenson (out for season)

Do we have multiple base packages? Would we switch to basically zone when Anderson is in?

He was too slow to play safety and if we are playing man I’d guess that only gets worse at nickel.

Was looking at Elon's depth chart and they average 311lbs on the OL, with all the backups as big or bigger except at left tackle. I know that doesn't mean they're really good necessarily, but size wise at least, they'll be representative of what we normally see against P5 teams.
I counted a few over 100 on their roster. Right at 40 walk-ons at a private university sounds impressive, but maybe most FCS teams carry a large contingent of walk-ons. Recruiting at the FCS and DII level has to be interesting, b/c you're for the most part waiting to see who doesn't get snagged by an FBS before solidifying offers.

Back