• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

I would say that depth is more of a concern this year, and having a couple of guys in their 2nd and 3rd years on the team not making the 3 deep is something to think about.
Positive spin, our recruiting has improved that better young guys are beating out good older guys. Negative spin, old guys haven't developed and are not ahead of young guys, so might as well play young guys.

I would say that depth is more of a concern this year, and having a couple of guys in their 2nd and 3rd years on the team not making the 3 deep is something to think about.
At WR? not really. Hilton by all accounts has been just flat out better than basically anyone expected and probably burns a redshirt this year, he's that good. Girard would be on here as well but he's been out with an injury and won't be back until October. Walk-ons were higher on the depth chart last year at the position than they are this year, not really sure why it's something to think about this go around now lower on the chart.

2nd and 3rd year guys also get passed up every year at every school. Sometimes the eval doesn't hit or they just can't stay healthy.

Inexperienced but only five freshmen on the two deep and only seven sophomore starters and I think all of them have 3 years in the program.

I assume if Petitbon got banged up Jurgeons would move back to center and we wouldn't start a 275lb'er.

True frosh safety Davaughn Patterson and LB Aidan Hall will not redshirt. They will play because "they will help us win games". There are 4-5 other true frosh that may not redshirt depending on roster needs, including DE Kerrington Lee, WR Duece Alexander and RB David Egbe.

Clawson likes the OL.

At WR? not really. Hilton by all accounts has been just flat out better than basically anyone expected and probably burns a redshirt this year, he's that good. Girard would be on here as well but he's been out with an injury and won't be back until October. Walk-ons were higher on the depth chart last year at the position than they are this year, not really sure why it's something to think about this go around now lower on the chart.

2nd and 3rd year guys also get passed up every year at every school. Sometimes the eval doesn't hit or they just can't stay healthy.
Who is hilton?

Back