• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

Looking forward to the hype videos.

I assume the "a1most" is for 1 week?

The only thing that bugs me is that they are Thursday games. I can convince myself to drive a few hours to watch us play a shit school when it’s on Saturday and I don’t have work the next day. Can’t validate going to a Thursday night game against Elon. With that said, I understand why it’s Thursday. It just sucks for those of us out of town.

The only thing that bugs me is that they are Thursday games. I can convince myself to drive a few hours to watch us play a shit school when it’s on Saturday and I don’t have work the next day. Can’t validate going to a Thursday night game against Elon.
Finally someone who is with me. I hate the FCS Thursday opener but it's been a lonely club.

These FCS games often include a trick play by the opposition that is purely designed to get them on the scoreboard and have a little fun in an otherwise blowout, which I applaud them for. Plays like these are something they can show their kids/grandkids long after anybody remembers or cares about the final score.

Essentially a guaranteed win towards bowl eligibility. Game can be on Thursday easily for extra time to prep for a more serious week 2 challenge most seasons. Don't have to open the playbook too much. Gets guys up to speed right off the bat. Home game that doesn't cost very much.

Playing an FCS game to open the season to me is a gimme and doesn't have anything to do with a LOWF perspective. I don't really understand this point at all.

SOS doesn't matter in this context. So many teams play an FCS.
How about qualifying in future years for the 12 playoff spots. A Big 10 team would beat us out because they don’t do this bullshit

The only thing that bugs me is that they are Thursday games. I can convince myself to drive a few hours to watch us play a shit school when it’s on Saturday and I don’t have work the next day. Can’t validate going to a Thursday night game against Elon. With that said, I understand why it’s Thursday. It just sucks for those of us out of town.
You could’ve taken a professorship at a school we played on a yearly basis, something to think about before tenure.

I think if Wake is a borderline top 12 playoff team it’s gonna come down to something other than Wake beat Campbell by 45 while Wisconsin beat Kent State by 45

Back