• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

What's everyone's position to watch that is not QB?

I'm curious tonight to see how the DTs look. Gonna be a rough sign if we allow Elon to establish a run game
RB. I want to believe Claiborne is a dude.

RB. I want to believe Claiborne is a dude.
I considered saying RB, but I'm not convinced that a strong performance against Elon really means all that much.

I'm not really on the lookout for strong performances by anyone now that I think about it. Opening against an FCS team is kinda like NBA summer league: it's going to be impossible to tell if someone is good, but it will be possible to tell if anyone is not good.

I want to see the offense gel with a new quarterback era beginning. That’s probably the most important sign, even against Elon.

FYI there's a looming blackout due to carriage dispute between Charter (Spectrum) and Disney (ACCN) - channel may go dark before kickoff.....

I thought it would be around 30. Once you get to four touchdowns I think a lot of the time it just comes down to what the FBS chooses to do in the 4th quarter (backups, just vanilla runs up the middle, etc)

If this happens Mitch will be out of the game long before he could possibly throw for 300+ yards
You are probably right. OTOH, they may want to give him as much time as possible due to his lack of game experience.

Wonder if we finally see more bubble/quick screens and maybe even a pop pass/jet sweep or two in the post-Sam era. Doubtful I guess, but would make good use of our personnel.

Back