• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

That was bad. Really bad. If Elon destroyed our OL, we are in deep trouble going forward.

Was fun to be there. Beautiful weather. Fantastic stadium and game day experience.

Yeah, the coaches and team have some work to do...not ready for prime time but didn’t have to be tonight to win fairly easily.

Student section just before first play from scrimmage:

View attachment 5223
Where is Col Angus sitting?

Looked very rusty. I guess Elon isn't terrible but - ugh. Got the win, on to Vandy.

Y’all are some miserable fucks. The basketball threads fill up this board because we once were good and most posters played YMCA ball. The football threads are silent most of the off-season but emerge to complain about the football Deacs and all of a sudden when they don’t win the way you want although you complain even tho you didn’t play pee wee. This is some philosophical shit right here
I just need to say that this may be my favorite message board post of all time.

Clawson not mincing words in the interview with Stan. Agree with him on Mitch making some quicker reads but OL wasn’t helping as well a few times.

Weird to see Mitch throw for 3 TDs and 300+ and people still be down on the offense but I guess that’s what happens when you open with an FCS team and can’t reliably run the ball.

I wanted to see if Mitch could run the offense, he can. Would like to see him be more decisive and the more experience he gets in the system he will.

Morin should’ve caught the TD and both of Elon’s TDs were flukey plays.

I wouldn’t read too much into the great or the bad. Next week will answer questions.

What should the AD do to make it happen? I’m all for a bigger band (although a lot of people go back to their tailgates for halftime). But what can Curry do.
Funding. Musicians do not need to participate in marching band to play music. The marching is in addition to music. So scholarships, stipends, grant-in-aids etc. for marching band participation.

Academic credit. Another indirect effort.

As I said earlier, use influence so admissions provides band director with names of incoming students who list marching band as a HS activity. This was WFU policy at one time. Why did it get changed?

Clawson not mincing words in the interview with Stan. Agree with him on Mitch making some quicker reads but OL wasn’t helping as well a few times.

Weird to see Mitch throw for 3 TDs and 300+ and people still be down on the offense but I guess that’s what happens when you open with an FCS team and can’t reliably run the ball.

I wanted to see if Mitch could run the offense, he can. Would like to see him be more decisive and the more experience he gets in the system he will.

Morin should’ve caught the TD and both of Elon’s TDs were flukey plays.

I wouldn’t read too much into the great or the bad. Next week will answer questions.
I’m not sure next week will answer many questions. Vandy is terrible.

We have a lot of work to get done before the next game. But so do 120+ other teams.

Part of that work better be on blitz pickup.

That and getting some OL push with the run game. Yes, we opened up some stuff in the 4th but Elon was tired at that point and carry about 20 less scholarships.

Where is Col Angus sitting?

5a14a79421af5.image.jpg

?

Frustrating game but oh well. 3 score win. Plenty to improve. OL the obvious concern. DL looked great in the first half and then not so great in the 2nd. DBs encouraging. Banks is a monster. Slot WRs a bit quiet. Grimes will be good.

Back