• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

Funding. Musicians do not need to participate in marching band to play music. The marching is in addition to music. So scholarships, stipends, grant-in-aids etc. for marching band participation.

Academic credit. Another indirect effort.

As I said earlier, use influence so admissions provides band director with names of incoming students who list marching band as a HS activity. This was WFU policy at one time. Why did it get changed?
I wrote Currie last year about this very thing, begging him to put some energy into growing the band. His response was that he was forwarding the email to the Director of bands, which, of course, wasn’t the point at all.

Claiborne runs forward, which is generally advantageous to the offense. Ellison tries to make five cuts on each and every run.
I kept telling my group the same thing. He has to juke and jive rather than just hit the hole. Claibourne was much better, and has much more quickness than Justice.

Does anyone know what happen to Morin. After he dropped that pass in the back of the endzone, it looked like he hit the back of his head on the back pylon. And his helmet flew off as well. He didn't play after that. Is he in the concussion protocol or something?

Also, did Elon pull their starting QB because he was garbage or did he get dinged up?

Does anyone know what happen to Morin. After he dropped that pass in the back of the endzone, it looked like he hit the back of his head on the back pylon. And his helmet flew off as well. He didn't play after that. Is he in the concussion protocol or something?

Also, did Elon pull their starting QB because he was garbage or did he get dinged up?
Looked to me like Morin took two hands to the face that knocked his helmet off. IDK about concussion.

Elon QB1 led them to minus 20 yards of offense in the first quarter. I think that fits in the category of "garbage."

Hope he's okay. First thing I thought of was Dortch and that nasty injury he had landing on the pylon.

Initial Post Game Overreaction Thoughts

• At least from the TV, it didn't seem like we looked much physically bigger than Elon. That is a concern.
  • Griffis is an accurate thrower. Our wide receiver's are really good. I wish we got to see more of Horatio, Merrill, or Deuce. Grimes, Banks, Key, and Morin are dudes.
  • Was led to believe Griffis was going to be more mobile/athletic than Hartman.
  • Griffis' height is concerning. It's going to be harder to have any intermediate pass game over the middle against a legit ACC team.
  • Offensive Line gave little to no push in run game
  • Offensive Line was not consistent in pass protection. Griffis also had instances where he had to get rid of ball sooner.
  • Claiborne is a player. Ellison was fine. One of the points Clawson mentioned in offseason was the lack of explosive run plays (20+ yards) by offense. Don't think we had any runs for more than 20 yards.
  • Claiborne is a better RB than Ellison.
  • DLine was solid. It didn't stand out as a major weakness which is encouraging.
  • Pass rush stopped showing up in 2nd half.
  • Mustapha is an absolute dog.
  • Our CBs were good.
  • We tackled well
  • Elon is a better FCS team than VMI
  • I hope Chase Jones is available next week
  • I am very curious to see how Griffis plays against a FBS team.
  • I would grade this game a 'C' for Wake.
Thanks for this. I had a school committee meeting last night and trying to follow this thread for a feel for the game was hard 😂 I hope we make the right choice on rb this year. This has been an ongoing wtf under Clawson. OL is concerning. Excited to see Mustapha play another season of cfb.

Y’all are some miserable fucks. The basketball threads fill up this board because we once were good and most posters played YMCA ball. The football threads are silent most of the off-season but emerge to complain about the football Deacs and all of a sudden when they don’t win the way you want although you complain even tho you didn’t play pee wee. This is some philosophical shit right here
In fairness, do you read the basketball game threads? We’re just as miserable.

Meh, first half was as expected. We looked flat on both sides in the second half. I think that game tells us zero about the season. We’ll start 4-0 and see what happens. Mitch can run the offense but not surprisingly needs some game action and definitely needs to be making quicker decisions.

Agree will probably go 4 & 0 until Clemson. VT playing ODU this weekend. Interesting to see how that one goes.

Back