• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake Forest reaction thread to beating duke.

I'm happy because this just makes it easier for Buzz to "resign" next week. Also it just goes to show that when the players are free of Buzz, they aren't that bad. Seems clear they know he's gone, and it fired them up for this game.

By any metric, this season was by far the best of [Redacted]’s four at Wake Forest, with a chance to improve, however slightly, on last season’s 6-12 ACC record. Even with a win at Miami on Friday, the Demon Deacons will still be playing on Wednesday in Greensboro, the Day of Irrelevance for the bottom six teams of a 15-team ACC.

[Redacted] may or may not be around for it. As the students danced in the middle of the floor, the Wake Forest players and assistant coaches waded into the fray. [Redacted], finished with the handshake line, followed Duke’s players down the visiting tunnel and exited the floor immediately, never once looking back.

-from the linked article above

I'm convinced he's gone, so no negatives in this win. It took a visiting #4 Duke team on Senior Night to bring out of our guys the level of effort, excitement, and focus that you need every night if you're going to compete at the top level of the ACC. For every ounce of enjoyment everyone had watching us there should be an equal amount of frustration knowing that the team that just had 16 offensive rebounds against Duke had TWO against Boston College. At home. And 3 the game before.

There's potential for the right coach here. A good amount of it.

"As the students danced in the middle of the floor, the Wake Forest players and assistant coaches waded into the fray.[Redacted], finished with the handshake line, followed Duke’s players down the visiting tunnel and exited the floor immediately, never once looking back."
That right there said it all for me. He gone, he knows he's gone. I actually give the guy some credit for just getting out and letting the players and assistants celebrate and letting the focus be on Travis and the team. I think this will let buzz resign (or retire) and Ron can spill some shit about the ground work he laid and point to this, the UNC game, the thug U game. Then it will all be just like a bad, terrible, awful, nightmare of a dream. This win should give the guys something to hang their hat on going into the off season (regardless of the outcome next 2 games) and hopefully they can get the coach they deserve.

michael-scott-no-o.gif

my reaction was "fuck this shit" and my wife celebrated and trolled the fuck out of me.

LOL. Not sure why I'm laughing at this, but got a kick out of it.

I'm happy we won. Not even Buzz can ruin a victory over Duke for me.

"Suck it, Dick. You ain't getting no #1 seed now. Enjoy your 5:00 a.m. practice."

"Some of you guys still want Cavanaugh to transfer?"

"Hate to admit it, but my overwhelming emotion was that of smug satisfaction seeing Dick go down rather than us getting a W."

And you missed all the other people who corrected him and when he admitted his own mistake.

Wellman should use this to prove to candidates that Wake has enough talent to compete right away.

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere since we have a bunch of game-related threads, but if we somehow manage to beat Miami on Saturday we'll be the ten seed in the tourney. That means we'd get VT. The winner of that game then plays the seven seed, probably FLSt. It's not totally outside the realm of possibility that Bz makes it to next Friday.

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere since we have a bunch of game-related threads, but if we somehow manage to beat Miami on Saturday we'll be the ten seed in the tourney. That means we'd get VT. The winner of that game then plays the seven seed, probably FLSt. It's not totally outside the realm of possibility that Bz makes it to next Friday.

fuck you

Those games are not at the Joel.

Back