• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE - Hoosiers game thread

I think so...I think Hinton played admirably, but he doesn't have the arm strength that we need and he doesn't have the experience to make the right reads....also, how many passes did he miss today? Sure some of that is that he didn't have a lot of time, but he just missed some wide open guys, especially early, today. He wasn't helped by the fact that the coaches didn't roll him out more.

Why in the world didn't we roll Hinton out more? He's too short to just sit in the pocket with dubious protection. And more misdirection, naked bootlegs, orbit sweeps etc are needed as well.

Why in the world didn't we roll Hinton out more? He's too short to just sit in the pocket with dubious protection. And more misdirection, naked bootlegs, orbit sweeps etc are needed as well.

I wondered about this as well.

I did like how IU brought their own folding chairs instead of benches for the sidelines so they could throw them at refs. Also the late hits OOB are called the Bob Knight special - hitting a student athlete on the sidelines.

So true. Our play calling leaves me thinking of Steed. The offensive line just really is bad and we hold all day long with many not called, just so our quarterbacks are not killed back there. Luckily they are both tough and Hinton can scramble. But in all honesty today was our last chance for a win. Unless we were playing Mike London's bunch who look like they have now quit and are clueless on discipline along the lines, today was it. I was hoping Duke could have been, but no. And I just do not see it against Boston College. I would like to see it but their lines are just better.

Back from the game, agree it was a good comeback, it's a shame we couldn't get it into OT. I agree that we have a lot of young talent and the future looks bright. That being said, I find it hard to be patient when we haven't had a winning season since 2008. Imho, we've got to beat teams like Indiana, particularly at home. Since the Atlantic Division of the ACC is considered one of the toughest in the nation, we've got to win every non-conference game possible, and 2-2 looks probable with a trip to Notre Dame coming up in November.

On the radio broadcast Elrod seemed to think that if we scored in the last possession that Clawson would have gone for two and the win.

That's good to hear. I'd take Hinton from the 2 yard line over back and forth in OT.

The loss was due entirely to bad calls from the referees. I don't know if you are aware of this remarkable stat or not, but WF would actually be undefeated over the last 9 years if it wasn't for bad calls from officials.

LOOK AT MEEEEEEE

I think that post was serious. At least I hope a true Bob Knight fan wouldn't mock people who blame refs.

The loss was due entirely to bad calls from the referees. I don't know if you are aware of this remarkable stat or not, but WF would actually be undefeated over the last 9 years if it wasn't for bad calls from officials. If you don't believe it, you can read back thru all the game threads on this board. For some reason, all the referees in the country just hate WF and are going to make sure that we lose games that we would otherwise win.

I didn't know one human being could be this miserable. As I've suggested to you before, if you hate Wake Forest so much and have such total disdain for all Wake fans, just LEAVE. Like yesterday.
Stop posting, get a hobby and just leave. Seriously.

Last edited:
Even though we lost, Hinton could be our Russell Wilson. I think we have a guy who is the best football athlete since Aaron Curry. Just not sold on Clawson yet.

I didn't get to watch the game and I've only seen highlights and read a little of this thread during the game. Two comments and a question.

Chuck Wade had a nice block on Hinton's second TD.

Do people think Hinton was trying to throw the ball away to avoid a safety or trying to hit the receiver on that pick? Couldn't tell. Definitely a play that could have used a roll out backed up so deep.

It's very encouraging that this team can rally to have the ball down one possession in what looks in the box score to be a miserable game against a better opponent. I'd love to know how often a team has gotten this close with a QB who completed just over 40% of passes and under 100 yards net rushing and zero turnovers. Most teams get blown out playing like that.

Extra question. What was the Cam Serigne pass attempt?

Do people think Hinton was trying to throw the ball away to avoid a safety or trying to hit the receiver on that pick? Couldn't tell. Definitely a play that could have used a roll out backed up so deep.

Was at the game, play was directly in front of me and it appeared he definitely saw the receiver and was attempting to hit him with the pass. Just a typical freshman mistake.

College Gameday will be at Clemson for the Notre Dame game next week. Silly Hoosiers fans.

I didn't get to watch the game and I've only seen highlights and read a little of this thread during the game. Two comments and a question.

It's very encouraging that this team can rally to have the ball down one possession in what looks in the box score to be a miserable game against a better opponent. I'd love to know how often a team has gotten this close with a QB who completed just over 40% of passes and under 100 yards net rushing and zero turnovers. Most teams get blown out playing like that.

That play was creative, but the execution was UG-ly.

Tell me more about the play. Thanks.

Answer: a wounded duck

I didn't know one human being could be this miserable. As I've suggested to you before, if you hate Wake Forest so much and have such total disdain for all Wake fans, just LEAVE. Like yesterday.
Stop posting, get a hobby and just leave. Seriously.

He's really does have to be not only a miserable human being , but also dumb as dirt. He's an avid participant on a team's message board and evidently detests people complaining about referees. Isn't that kind of like going to the pool everyday and hating water?

Was at the game and it was clear to me (using the eye test) that our offensive and defensive lines were overmatched physically by the bigger, older and more experienced Indiana lines ( Indiana was able to sustain drives on the ground and stop our run game, forcing us into high risk and more predictable plays). I am excited by the potential of our skill positions and optimistic that our young lines will mature and kick some serious ass down the road. In the meantime, it's going to be a long season.

Back