• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake - Syracuse Thread

Star-News ACC ‏@starnewsacc 58m

As I said, #WakeForest acquitted itself well tonite (though I'm sure, not well enough for the Buzzouts).

Star-News ACC ‏@starnewsacc 12m

@austin_johnson I call them out because I don't think they ever gave the guy a chance and theyr'e doing what they can to ensure his failure

Star-News ACC ‏@starnewsacc 10m

@austin_johnson I also think that he's being portrayed as unintelligent, for lack of better term. You dont get an NBA gig if you can't coach

@deuce4922 @austin_johnson I'm not calling [Redacted] out. I'm calling the morons who are trying to sabotage him out.

@austin_johnson I think his first 2 seasons were basically tearing the program down and ridding it of some unsavory characters.

What the hell is this crap!?

This guy is actually paid to write college basketball columns? Is this guy a relative of Bz or something?

What the hell is this crap!?

This guy is actually paid to write college basketball columns? Is this guy a relative of Bz or something?

Yeah. He's horrible. I had to I follow the guy due to his worthless, empty writing. He wants BZ to stay so he can just write how awesome UNC and Duke are.

I noticed something last night that really irked me. There was an extended break in the game where the refs were conversing in the first half... I'm not entirely sure what about but when it happened Boeheim immediately had his players around him having an impromptu time out. It took Bzz about 30 seconds to figure out what was going on and call the team over. By that time the refs were calling everyone back over. Just an interesting observation of two coaches in action.

As much as the coaches get bashed, I thought the game plan was solid. With Dev and Tyler/Moto alternating at the high post and baseline extended, we had plenty of good looks, both in the lane and from outside. Really came down to making shots and we didn't tonight. Codi's foul trouble/tick tack calls certainly didn't help.

Agree...I thought our plan on offense was outstanding. We don't have elite athletes out there, but I liked what I saw. Our D was also very good.

Agree...I thought our plan on offense was outstanding. We don't have elite athletes out there, but I liked what I saw. Our D was also very good.

Except a good part of defense and even offense involves rebounding. A team that loses the rebounding battle consistently and shoots like shit from the FT line, will never be worth a damn. Couple that with terrible shooting from behind the arc and you have a loss. A lot of hustle and spirit, but a loss.

Except a good part of defense and even offense involves rebounding. A team that loses the rebounding battle consistently and shoots like shit from the FT line, will never be worth a damn. Couple that with terrible shooting from behind the arc and you have a loss. A lot of hustle and spirit, but a loss.

Sweet. Let's give them a participation medal.

The dog show at halftime was embarrassing. It probably caught less than 25 percent of the frisbee tosses. Great play by Moto though.

How can you bash frisbee dogs? They have consistently been the best part of Wake basketball over the last 4 years.

My general impression? We caught Syracuse at home when they were having a baaaaad shooting night. That should have been a great set up for a trap game. But no, they still beat us by 10.

Again, we have beaten some weak teams and a couple of fairly decent teams missing starters. We haven't beaten any really good teams yet and, instead, we've had some bad losses to good teams.

Welsome to the 4th year of bzzball.

Great showing by the students last night! Made for a really good atmosphere. It felt like being at a Wake Forest game again.

If only our team could hit 3s with the same regularity that dog's catch frisbees.

Sucks that we don't shoot straight in a trap game where Syracuse was looking past us to dook and we could have taken off the shine of the ESPN ratface Gameday.

You aren't anything in college basketball without shooters...Nobody on our team can shoot. Hence we aren't anything

You aren't anything in college basketball without shooters...Nobody on our team can shoot. Hence we aren't anything

Right. If you don't have shooters, then you need elite athleticism across the board (i.e. our 2009 team).

It was pretty clear we chose to defend the fast break instead of stack extra guys in the paint for offensive boards. It wouldn't have helped anyway. They were taller and longer at every single position. To me, the smart move was to defend the fast break and stop Ennis, Fair and Cooney from a lay-up fest. We did that and then went cold from behind the arc. It was very simple.

Meh, I thought they were historically competitive last night. I couldn't have been happier.

Back