• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake / Tulane Game Thread

The single greatest skill of either quarterback is Hinton's running, and for that reason I'd like to see him start. Wolford's the better passer no question, but I don't recall Hinton being cartoonish useless in that department-let him go for a while and see if he finds a rhythm. Agree that the alternating option is far worse than either QB is by themself.

You should know by now what PH's problem is with Wolford compared to Hinton.

Same as my problem with Cory Randolph compared to Ben Mauk. Far lower ceiling.

The QB controversy is of Clawson's invention. He can end it by naming a QB. There's not a wrong answer at this point.

Yet our 7 points came on the only extended snaps Hinton had.

Neither QB played poorly - we played well on the next drive until inexplicably calling a running play on 3rd and 7. Wolford was doing fine. If we had called a downfield passing play on the Hinton TD possession it's doubtful that we would've scored either.

Like Clawson as a team builder, but play calling and time management not so much. Also, would fire OL coach. No improvement since arriving on campus

I'm still of the mind that in an average offense you want Wolford, but after this half (small sample size Deac yes) I think Hinton needs to get the nod. The offensive line has barely improved so far and the play calling is setting up Hinton for success and setting Wolford up for three concussions over the rest of the year.

How about me old man? I was Team Hinton before it was cool. Go swallow a shotgun you racist shitbag.

Nah, dude. There's only one guy who thinks Hinton should start over Wolford and it happens to be one of the few black people who posts here.

Show some balls coach. Pick a QB. This shit ain't gonna work and you are just delaying the inevitable decision.

App up 7-3 on UT. Just converted on fourth down from midfield. Just sayin.

My problem with wolford is his continued inability to lead the offense on scoring drives.

He looked good when the plays were called to his strength given the roster: quick passes to the middle and accurate throws to the outside.

Couldn't Be Happier this week is going to admit that Wolford shouldn't be QB barring something different in this second half. I'm still a big Wolford fan as a QB, but like I said a few times: Hinton is the better QB in this offense.

I can't tell if Wolford is not supposed to keep the ball on the "read option" calls, or if he just always chooses not to. Either way, all that play ends up being is a super slow developing running play where the RB usually has to deal with defenders in the backfield right after he gets the ball. Ultimately, if Wolford is not going to present a running option, then they need to totally scrap that play when he is in the game. It just ends up being a wasted play and drive killer.

Like Clawson as a team builder, but play calling and time management not so much. Also, would fire OL coach. No improvement since arriving on campus

We need a new OC to install an entirely new offense- the Lobo effect is biting us in the ass again. It is not play calling,we need a new offense.

I think Wake will win this one 24-10, 31-10 if we get a defensive TD or a turnover deep in our own territory.

Back