• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake - Vandy game thread

And now that I've read the link, wow, the players are the only ones who are cognizant of the real problems here. Grobe's trotting out excuses and Nikita and Camp see the problem is much bigger than that.

The old white men are out of touch.

Posted this in the Grobe to Arkansas thread:

This year hasn't been that much different than the previous years. Solid to good start. Embarrassing poor lackluster finish.

2009 - Start 4-2, Finish 1-5
2010 - Start 2-0, Finish 1-9
2011 - Start 5-2, Finish 1-5
2012 - Start 4-3, Finish 1-4

I'm not really sure why this year is pissing people off so much more than previous years. I guess people are finally getting tired of this crap.

Losing 3 to 4 games in that fashion is not a this season thing. This is a disturbing end of season trend that has been ignored by the coaches and definitely the fans for too long. Too many people who consider themselves fans act surprised by this when it's been happening in front of our faces for years. Even going back before 2006:

2003 - Start 4-3, Finish 1-4
2004 - Start 3-1, Finish 1-6
2005 - Start 2-3, Finish 2-7 (more spread out than usual)

You guys are aware this late season "falling off" is largely due to playing tougher teams in the 2nd half, right? No Libertys, Presbyterians, etc after the few few weeks. Of course, the drop off is gonna look bad when in reality the teams is just as bad/mediocre early on as they are later.

You guys are aware this late season "falling off" is largely due to playing tougher teams in the 2nd half, right? No Libertys, Presbyterians, etc after the few few weeks. Of course, the drop off is gonna look bad when in reality the teams is just as bad/mediocre early on as they are later.

Except we've beaten good teams.early in addition to the.cupcakes. UNC this year, FSU last year and in 08, Ole Miss, even back to State '03 and the win at Purdue were all in September. Meanwhile, we generally don't get that caliber of win late.

This is less than factual.

Holy balls.

I want Nikita to be our AD, head football coach, both coordinators, head basketball coach, and nose guard all at once.

This. Spoken by a real man.

Grobe-out. Wellman-out.

Even if your point was factual, there's still no excuse for winning one game out of the last 5 or 6 and it being a regular thing.

grobe's doghouse pisses me off.

Young men are going to make mistakes. Discipline them and let it go.

I certainly hope he wasn't being punished for fumbling at ND. He got the hell knocked out of him.

If Grobe is punishing kids for bad play, we should have forfeited today.

This. Grobe should be in his own doghouse. What a pathetic excuse of a coach and a leader.

Ditto, I think Harris did well with the carries he got this year. I truly believe he'd be a 1000 yard back with a good o-line, but he can't do anything getting tackled at the handoff, or running for his life sideline to sideline. He's not a bowling ball, it's not his fault that there is always someone in front of him.

This.

Posted this in the Grobe to Arkansas thread:

Losing 3 to 4 games in that fashion is not a this season thing. This is a disturbing end of season trend that has been ignored by the coaches and definitely the fans for too long. Too many people who consider themselves fans act surprised by this when it's been happening in front of our faces for years. Even going back before 2006:

2003 - Start 4-3, Finish 1-4
2004 - Start 3-1, Finish 1-6
2005 - Start 2-3, Finish 2-7 (more spread out than usual)

Refresh my memory. Why did we play 14 games in 2005?

Back