• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official: Wake vs. Nostradamus Thread

I thought it would go without saying that the majority of Wake fans who care enough about the team to post thousands of times on an internet message board would be pulling for Wake to win every time they played. Maybe not though.

If you think...just to give a few examples....that woody, moon, pinocha, redwing or dv7 want us to make the NCAA Tournament you are blind. And there are many more.

(Which would fit right in with your statement that I have posted this "10-20 times per thread".)

Only responding because you specifically mentioned me...

I have said in the past that if [Redacted] is able to make this team a contender for a top 4 ACC spot and a regular in the NCAAs, that is great and I would gladly come back, hat in hand. I just don't think his ceiling is anywhere close to that, though. I think the best we can hope for is slightly better than what this season looks like. 18-22 wins and on the bubble for the NCAAs. That isn't good enough, and it shouldn't have taken four seasons to get to this point.

The big problem you seem to have here is that you don't seem to understand that winning and representing the University well are not mutually exclusive. There are dozens of coaches out there that are able to do both... why did we have to hire a coach that has done neither particularly well. There were more issues brought to light during Bzdeliks's current tenure than in the years past. Yes, those were players that Dino recruited, but [Redacted] was the coach at the time. Maybe you say that was probably some way to justify [Redacted] cleaning house, but that doesn't explain Ty Walker. [Redacted] himself is a terrible representative of Wake Forest, as we have all seen in interviews. And [Redacted] has coached the single worst three year period in Wake Forest history. There is nothing redeeming about his tenure at Wake, and he certainly hasn't done anything that other coaches couldn't have done better.

I always thought 'cleaning house" meant coming in and setting order and dealing with issues up front.

Bzzz didn't do that. Clawson just dismissed a couple of football players for the standard 'violation of team rules". That's cleaning house.

We had issues where players were arrested doing things publicly and were dismissed from the team. They would have been dismissed under Dino too.

Ty Walker was allowed to stay on the team and got suspended after his arrest and finally wasn't cut loose until his last week of eligibility.

The main perpetrator of the supposed huge issue under Dino was made team captain of Bzzzzz's first team.

Where was the "cleaning house"?

Last edited:
I approached the whole season like this (not that this is our goal, but reality of where we are).

- Make the NIT - at least it would be post season play
- Get on NCAA bubble - good season just not good enough
- Make NCAA's - A pleasant surprise, who would have thought it could happen (assuming it actually did).

Bzz's past teams have cracked any time post season play was even in the conversation.

Make a good showing against 'cuse and beat GT and I might think the team has come together and Bzz had become at least adequate.

And I don't blame anyone for talking about NCAA possibilities. We are where we are which is at least on the fringe of the NCAA conversation. Lose the next 4 and there is no bubble talk and we are back on the count down to the end of the Bzz era at Wake.

The University doesn't exist for the basketball program. Feeling otherwise is how we got in this mess to begin with.

The point of the basketball program is to win basketball games, the point of recruiting basketball players is to field a winning basketball program. What don't you understand about that? We aren't recruiting the best choir boys we can find. Get it through your thick head that the "culture" of our basketball players is secondary to their ability. If the team sucks, nobody gives a shit about how nice and well mannered they are.

This....in and of itself....is not a true statement. And as I've said all along, this misperception is where the problem begins. Winning basketball games is only one facet of a university's basketball program. It may be a significant facet, but it's not the only one...as your statement claims. This seems to be where all communication breaks down.

And the rest of your post only validates the "win at any cost" attitude that permeates the thinking of many posters on this board.

What the Fuck is wrong with you, you crusty old Fuck. Go fucking haunt another program with your bullshit.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

We're not in any of these projections yet, but the most recent update occurred before today's games. Assuming ND doesn't slip too far, this should be our sixth top-100 RPI victory.

When BKF's generation finally dies off, the world will be a better place.

I miss the average life span being 65.

The problem at this point is that there is zero upside to keeping Bz. Best case scenario we are consistently mediocre. Worst case he stays another 3 years and we are in a hole so deep you can't even see out of it. If you're on the board of a company where the CEO is 62 and has no prospect of taking the business to the next level you fire his ass and bring in someone who can.

We're beating teams that we are supposed to beat with our talent. There are coaches out there who can do the same things [Redacted] is doing but also win more games. I don't see why this is so hard to comprehend. [Redacted] is not the be all, end all in "class"

Yeah the only game I would say we shouldn't have won based on talent is UNC. Every other game we've had more talent. We got both ND and VT without two of their best four players. Doesn't matter though, a win is a win.

Went to the game, had a great time, which is not something I've been able to do for a couple of years. Shrug. Some people are so blinded by their personal misery that they can't see the forest for the trees, I guess. We have a shot at a really good season, and that's exciting.

P.S. - thanks to the guy who sold me the tix!

Went to the game, had a great time, which is not something I've been able to do for a couple of years. Shrug. Some people are so blinded by their personal misery that they can't see the forest for the trees, I guess. We have a shot at a really good season, and that's exciting.

P.S. - thanks to the guy who sold me the tix!

No, we just realize that we'll never actually be good until we get rid of [Redacted]. It's hard to be excited about beating crappy teams when you know we'll be mired in mediocrity until that day.

Back