• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official: Wake vs. Nostradamus Thread

Haha. People think Wellman cares what people think.

We do have to at least have something going for us first. Beat a Syracuse or a Duke and get to at least 10-8 in the ACC and there is at least is a chance

So if Wake beats GT, FSU, Clemson and BC at home, wins one more road game, and wins an ACCT game, you think we'd have a realistic chance of getting in, with 1 top 50 RPI win, 2 road wins and a poor non-conference SOS?

Prepare to be disappointed

this. if we do (I personally do not think we'll be in the conversation on selection sunday. Nothing against the players, I just do not have faith in [Redacted].) have a realistic chance of getting into the NCAA Tournament, our weak OOC schedule is going to hurt us. The committee has been known to punish bubble teams who didn't play a tough OOC schedule. (FSU in '06, some of those Seth Greenberg coached VT teams come to mind)

I agree that 9-9 in the ACC and a tourney win won't do it.

Many good points pro and con about our NCAA Tourny consideration. However, one wild card factor is how the team plays down the stretch. The NCAA seems to give points to teams that are hot at the end of the season--despite their talk of the "entire body of work." Stay in the hunt and then perform well over the last 10 games may give us an edge over some other bubble teams.

We do have to at least have something going for us first. Beat a Syracuse or a Duke and get to at least 10-8 in the ACC and there is at least is a chance

If we get to 9-9 with a win over Syracuse/Duke and the loss is to Clemson or FSU (or even State on the road), we'd be better off than 9-9 without a Syracuse/Duke win.

Sure.

Though I'd be shocked if we get in at 9-9 regardless of who we beat

Dino's last team we won tons of close games.

I think Bzzz is a competent game coach. He has had his good moments and his bad moments. It is the other areas of coaching where he is lacking.

Well, I know one thing that we have that none of the other teams trying to make the NCAA Tournament have......a lot of our own fans pulling against us and hoping that we don't make the tournament.

Again - outside of you posting this about 10-20 times per thread, I really don't see a whole lot of this.

More accurately, IMO, I would say that most remain skeptical that we can get to the NCAA tournament with only 18-21 wins, a point which history would suggest is pretty reasonable. If we win 20 games, then we'll be positioned similarly to one of Greenberg's Virginia Tech classic "bubble" teams (though hopefully with less post-"snub" whining).

If you think...just to give a few examples....that woody, moon, pinocha, redwing or dv7 want us to make the NCAA Tournament you are blind. And there are many more.

(Which would fit right in with your statement that I have posted this "10-20 times per thread".)

See recent post by EatLeadCommie

Does it really matter if some Wake fan who lives in Oklahoma cares if Wake wins or not.

If Bzzz wants to shut up his critics and shove it in their face, then just keep winning. but you have to really win, like making the NCAA tournament and advancing in it winning.

I actually think [Redacted]'s weakest point is his in-game management. The single worst aspect of [Redacted]'s coaching IMO is his substitution management and adaptation (or lack thereof) to other teams' changes. He's not bad at player development when the players don't leave the program and he's not an awful recruiter, he's just really bad at in-game coaching.

I would hope that [Redacted] is not concerned about these "critics".....because they are not worthy of his concern. And, again, there is a lot more to this than just winning basketball games. That is, evidently, what is so hard for these "critics" to understand. Wake Forest University is about more than winning basketball games. The University doesn't exist for the basketball program. Feeling otherwise is how we got in this mess to begin with.

Wake was never in any mess. This is just a continued propaganda piece by old white people. Find me someone who isn't an older white person who thinks Wake had a serious "culture" problem or a serious "image" issue and I'll be stunned.

If you think...just to give a few examples....that woody, moon, pinocha, redwing or dv7 want us to make the NCAA Tournament you are blind. And there are many more.

I do agree that most of those people do not want us to make the NCAA Tournament. At least Woody still watches the games. I will say I don't think Redwing belongs with the rest of the group though. Pinocha, Moonz, and DV7 actively pull against Wake.

(Which would fit right in with your statement that I have posted this "10-20 times per thread".)
You kidding me, Bob? I would LOVE for Wake to make the NCAA tourney, regardless of who the coach is. I would LOVE for Buzz to turn into a great coach and a great recruiter who consistently nabs Top 50 recruits. I would LOVE all of these things. But then there's reality. I'm honestly actually pretty indifferent on whether we win or lose because I know at the end of the day, who I root for has no bearing at all on what actually happens.

Well, I'm sorry to have to inform you that in such cases, the opinions of the Board of Trustees & members of the Wake Forest University Administration take precedence over the opinions of students and 20-something recent graduates. Welcome to the world.

Just pointing out, and you know this better than anybody on here in my opinion, that using old white people as a demographic for something is not exactly stellar methodology, nor is it something that I would want in really any facet of life.

I'm not saying it's not the reality of the situation, I'm just pointing out that I think it's small sample size of a group that doesn't represent real perception.

ETA: Just because the BOT says it's so doesn't mean that this is the truth. I don't let other people's opinions shape my reality or my pursuit of what the Truth (capital T) is.

4/200 (woody evidently isn't who you think he is) is a HUGE proportion, then I don't know what to tell you. Many more isn't a number. If this is as widespread a problem as you think it is, then you'd be able to estimate what proportion of the fanbase, as represented by posters on here, wants Buzz to lose and doesn't want us to make the tournament. I'll go out on a limb and say that there are maybe 10 tops.

I don't think that poll really means anything. It is understandable that someone would not want to go on record saying he hoped the team lost.....but these people have dozens of posts...or more...about the basketball program, and in those posts their true feelings come out. Let's not try to play games here.

28/200. Prove that wrong, bkf, or you're just pissing in the wind.

Back