• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake - Wofford Game Thread

Did anyone see TC play in high school? I remember quite a few people saying how good he was/how excited they were that he was coming here prior to his freshman year. What has changed since high school? I'm just curious as I never saw him play in HS

He was rated extremely high early in his HS career, then dropped progressively as he got older. He was moved to shooting guard, a LaSalle commit played point. In HS his (only move), bullrushing the basket and finishing worked -- it obviously doesn't in college. I'm concerned that the shots he does make down low won't work against better competition with athletic big men, which would render him even more useless than he is now.

Where in his quoted post did he say the players didn't care?

Are you really that dumb?

It doesn't say one way or another in that initial post. Didn't catch the other one.

Also, you're definitely dumber. Nany nany boo boo.

Wofford is a mediocre school. Captruss is an idiot South Carolina troll (and apparently a Wofford grad). I have no idea why anyone would pay him the least bit of attention.

Wait...so he is a Wofford grad, a USC fan, and a Wake Forest message board poster?

LOL

I was just watching the second game on NESN's doubleheader. The point remains.

It remains retarded. Miami's always been a black hole in terms of a program and attendance. We've been very successful, both in the far past and the near past. The fact that you're grasping at straws and comparing us to them in any capacity is quite indicative of the state of our program.

Speaking only for myself, nothing I saw or didn't see tonight made me decide to take your bet offer. :thumbsup:
Ha, exactly.

I was hoping to get a bunch of takers based on the game, and I did, but I'm a bit too poor to be throwing out bets everywhere. I don't see how we win fewer than 5, though, and my personal estimate is 6, with a chance for 7. (I wanted to give myself a 1 win cushion.)

It doesn't say one way or another in that initial post. Didn't catch the other one.

Also, you're definitely dumber. Nany nany boo boo.

You're both right. I meant every facet of our program - from (some) players to fans to (some) board posters, who represent the fringe element of our base.

Wait someone thinks we will win 7 ACC games? That's rich.

Tonight was an astonishingly poor game by us overall.

It reflects poorly on our coaching staff and our players. Without CJ, I maintain that it really means nothing, because without the best player of any of the other teams in the conference save UNC or Duke, they would struggle and/or lose to a team that is this bad too.

Doesn't make it any better for us, and it still sucks to lose, but that's the reality of it.

Nobody else stepped up besides Travis, and it proved that Nikita and Tony aren't really capable of putting the team on their back for any stretch of time either. Disappointing for sure, but not the end of the world

Our fans are apathetic because we're bad. If we get good, the fans will return. Not really worried about that beyond what's happening on the court.

He was rated extremely high early in his HS career, then dropped progressively as he got older. He was moved to shooting guard, a LaSalle commit played point. In HS his (only move), bullrushing the basket and finishing worked -- it obviously doesn't in college. I'm concerned that the shots he does make down low won't work against better competition with athletic big men, which would render him even more useless than he is now.

Is that even possible?

Alright so not counting tonight's game (since we played without our best player)...we have around a 10-11% chance of winning 7 or more conference games.

It remains retarded. Miami's always been a black hole in terms of a program and attendance. We've been very successful, both in the far past and the near past. The fact that you're grasping at straws and comparing us to them in any capacity is quite indicative of the state of our program.

You can't pay attention to Red Sox's standards, as they're ridiculously low in order to avoid real disappointment. Anyone who actually gives a shit about this program should be pretty upset about our current predicament. First we're comparing [Redacted] to Tom Crean rebuilding at IU, then we're comparing our attendance to Miami. People are taking crazy pills.

Last edited:
Our fans are apathetic because we're bad. If we get good, the fans will return. Not really worried about that beyond what's happening on the court.

I'm sure all kinds of departments in the AD don't share your opinion. Years like this effect every facet of that operation, especially the $$$$

Tonight was an astonishingly poor game by us overall.

It reflects poorly on our coaching staff and our players. Without CJ, I maintain that it really means nothing, because without the best player of any of the other teams in the conference save UNC or Duke, they would struggle and/or lose to a team that is this bad too.

Doesn't make it any better for us, and it still sucks to lose, but that's the reality of it.

Nobody else stepped up besides Travis, and it proved that Nikita and Tony aren't really capable of putting the team on their back for any stretch of time either. Disappointing for sure, but not the end of the world

Struggle, yes. Lose- BC (with or without their best player), Clemson, and maybe GT. Nobody else.

Ha, exactly.

I was hoping to get a bunch of takers based on the game, and I did, but I'm a bit too poor to be throwing out bets everywhere. I don't see how we win fewer than 5, though, and my personal estimate is 6, with a chance for 7. (I wanted to give myself a 1 win cushion.)

I sincerely hope you are absolutely correct, sir. I can't see it myself, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Back