• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake - Wofford Game Thread

No way over 6 thousand people maybe 1200 at the most. Two attractive young women in gray T shirts were much more interesting than the game

So I witnessed this game and missed the best part ... GREAT!

I have a few life goals. Not many, because I'm a simple guy. But one is to find out who the fuck you are, buy you are beer or two or twelve, and watch a WFU men's basketball game with you while just talking the shit.

Finger's crossed.

No, why would we?

Does it remotely f**king matter anyway? We'll be lucky to make the ACC Tournament post-expansion if we don't recruit three new point guards, a shooting guard, and another wing in the next year...

There is literally nothing positive about that game. Nothing. Including Ty, except for that he finally played at the bare minimum of expectations for maybe the third time in four years.

This won't be a popular viewpoint because I know he tries and I respect the hell out of him, but Travis needs to take his game to the next level. He's almost the exact same player he was last year, though he's hitting more perimeter shots. He's not rebounding, though, for whatever reason, and he went from grabbing 1/4 of our boards to 1/5. Not sure that anybody is taking boards from him or anything, I think it's just indicative of how little our guys hustle on the boards this year. He still can't create a shot to save his life (basically anything that isn't a straight-line drive is too much) and he still can't dribble nearly well enough to do half of what he wants to do. If he was a roleplayer on a great team, then it wouldn't matter, but damn does it stand out like a sore thumb in this setting with the expectations that we've placed on him and the expectations that he's seemed to have placed on himself.

Chennault, Fields, and Nikita must be sick jokes.

Game ball goes to Aaron Ingle for remotely giving a f**k.

Bzz... Why. Quit making excuses. There literally are none to explain this game. I watched with USC fans and they said they have a newfound respect for Kevin O'Neill after sitting through a Bzz'scre.

I'm starting to fall off of the fence...

Last edited:
There is literally nothing positive about that game. Nothing. Including Ty, except for that he finally played at the bare minimum of expectations for maybe the third time in four years.

This won't be a popular viewpoint because I know he tries and I respect the hell out of him, but Travis needs to take his game to the next level. He's almost the exact same player he was last year, though he's hitting more perimeter shots. He's not rebounding, though, for whatever reason, and he went from grabbing 1/4 of our boards to 1/5. Not sure that anybody is taking boards from him or anything, I think it's just indicative of how little our guys hustle on the boards this year. He still can't create a shot to save his life (basically anything that isn't a straight-line drive is too much) and he still can't dribble nearly well enough to do half of what he wants to do. If he was a roleplayer on a great team, then it wouldn't matter, but damn does it stand out like a sore thumb in this setting with the expectations that we've placed on him and the expectations that he's seemed to have placed on himself.

Chennault, Fields, and Nikita must be sick jokes.

Game ball goes to Aaron Ingle for remotely giving a f**k.

Bzz... Why. Quit making excuses. There literally are none to explain this game. I watched with USC fans and they said they have a newfound respect for Kevin O'Neill after sitting through a Bzz'scre.

I'm starting to fall off of the fence...

Great post. Agree completely on nearly all accords.

CJ is keeping this team together.

My lasting home game memories of the Joel are beating UNC and Duke in consecutive loud as fuck sellouts.

Now, it has fallen to watching the Joel janitors and 9 other poor souls watch us lose the ugliest basketball game played since Naismith explained the rules and held his first scrimmage.

Our point guard missed four open layups and threw an oop off the bottom of the rim. The bottom of the rim. THE BOTTOM OF THE RIM.

Not good.

lolzzz

I have a few life goals. Not many, because I'm a simple guy. But one is to find out who the fuck you are, buy you are beer or two or twelve, and watch a WFU men's basketball game with you while just talking the shit.

Finger's crossed.

You realize he is Steve Shutt, right?

I actually liked a few of the coaching moves. The 2nd half press we put on them got us back in it. The end of game situation where they thought we weren't fouling and put it in the hands of a guy who shoots 50% from the line and we immediately fouled him worked perfectly.

But just look at the individual performances... Carson is our starting center, he was 0/1 for the game from the field against a tiny team, with zero points and TWO fucking rebounds. He absolutely deserves to be benched after that performance, which has to be his worst ever.

Chase - I love the kid, but after the opening layup he shot 0% from the field in a game where he knew he had to step up. Once cold, he threw in ONE assist. He was a black hole. As were Fields and Green who just affirmed what we all suspected - that we can survive a few minutes with them in the game but they cannot be a focus or we're screwed.

After that you just have the poor, not historically poor, performances by Nikita and Tony. At least Nikita hit a 3 so we could shoot 10% from deep instead of ZERO PERCENT. Tony had some good moments but as usual each were paired with a der moment of horrid decision making - most in critical situations like the moronic floater when Travis was on fire and the terrible pass to Ty.

At least Ty played better, and honestly he should probably start if it weren't for his history and the fact that he's a senior and Carson is here for 2 more years.

The one highlight was Travis. Love the fight, wish someone could have helped just a bit to give us the win.

Not sure I can remember such a disappointing collection of individual performances (not counting last year of course, when it was standard).

Was at the game and agree with this completely. Just between Nikita, TC and Green, we missed at least 8 point blank shots. Shots that should be made by ACC level players. No question. And Chase had a couple of wide open 3s that didn't go down while number 10 for Wofford couldn't miss.

i am starting to think that TC is the problem. he is just not a good PG! he can't shoot despite wanting to shoot all the time and i have not seen good court vision from his at all. Fields has fallen off the cliff...i can't believe we played a walk-on over him. that is just sad!

Chase needs to grab a sac and start shooting the fucking ball...you scored 37ppg last year, did you forget how to shoot?

Sadly, my take on the game: "Nothing to see here."

We have fallen so far off the radar that the Hubble Space Telescope can't find us.

Simply pathetic. And goodness gracious, we'll undoubtedly have 2 or 3 more years of this to endure -- at a minimum.

Again, nothing to see here.

Tony has serviceable backup point guard skills for the ACC, he just needs to improve his decision making. He has a nice handle, is learning to use his body a little better inside, and we need his strength and quickness on the defensive end against decent point guards.
He's just not going to ever be an offensive focus and he doesn't have great (or even good) court vision. He'll be ok spelling CMM next year.

With CJ on the court as the scoring leader and McKie playing a flex inside/out role, he's not that bad as a role player. Chase is a nice 6th man because he's not just a shooter, he can handle the ball a little and pass it a little.

But take CJ out of the mix and we are royally fucked. Suddenly Chase is the focus and has to create his own shot, we have no sixth man, Tony and Nikita are trying to call their own number whenever McKie takes a breather from trying to take over the game. Last night was basically the Justin Gray to point guard disaster in a different form.

We should have been able to play through it though. Instead you had two or three simply horrific performances that coupled with CJ's absence made losing to Wofford a reality. The Wofford fucking Terriers.

Chase is a freshman so you can say it was freak occurrence maybe. But Carson? Forget Tony, he was 2nd in scoring and that team actually had some decent guards. Carson though... I don't know what's going on with him. You could argue he's regressed from last year, which is pretty terrifying.

Carson doesn't know who he is as a player.

I say f it and make him a perimeter player. Do not even pretend he is a back to the basket/in the paint guy. He's got the touch to build on.

Use him like Pitino at Kentucky used players like McCarty and Martinez.

Give him a template to form his basketball identity bc he looks lost right now.

Just wondering- did Wellman participate at all in the post game radio coverage last night in defense of Bzz like he did last year?

If not, then maybe he's now on he BzzOut side of the fence! :thumbsup:

Carson doesn't know who he is as a player.

I say f it and make him a perimeter player. Do not even pretend he is a back to the basket/in the paint guy. He's got the touch to build on.

Use him like Pitino at Kentucky used players like McCarty and Martinez.

Give him a template to form his basketball identity bc he looks lost right now.

In other words, start Ty at the 5, start Carson at the 4 and let him stick to elbow jumpers and wide open 3's, and stick with Chennault/CJ/Travis.

I'd have a hard time arguing that isn't our best lineup right now.

In other words, start Ty at the 5, start Carson at the 4 and let him stick to elbow jumpers and wide open 3's, and stick with Chennault/CJ/Travis.

I'd have a hard time arguing that isn't our best lineup right now.

i would agree with this...

Back