• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 3 NFL Thread: No Brees, No Problem

It seems that this year is setting up the exactly like is has the last few years as far as who is good, who sucks, and who is in the middle and could go either way. NFL and their hope at parity be damned.

AFC-East the Pats come out on top again, the rest of the 3 circle jerk themselves into nothingness per usual.
AFC North- Tough division like usual the usual fight between the Bengal, Steelers, and Ravens to see who gets 2 playoff spots.
AFC South- Shit division without Indy taking advantage per usual but all said in done will come out on top,
AFC West- Same as the AFC North where Broncos, Chargers, and Chiefs fight it out to see who gets 2 playoff spots
NFC East- The we are a really good division, oh wait we are all pretty mediocre but someone has to win probably Dallas despite injuries
NFC North- The Green Bay owns this, maybe this is the year Vikings can break through but most likely Detroit limps into the playoffs again
NFC South- Same as last year Panthers make it out of here only to lose at Greenbay or Seattle
NFC West- Probably most competitive in NFC, Seattle or Cardinals take it, the other a dangerous wild-card team.

Probably should just skip to the playoffs now and save the season long injuries it has been written.
What are the chances 3 of the 4 teams in the conference championships are Patriots, Packers, and Seahawks? 60-70%? League's losing its parity.

the seahawks are 0-2 against two shitty teams, let's not crown their ass

Yeah for real. And there were a shit-ton of upsets last weekend. Not sure where this lack of parity crying is coming from, besides maybe the Pats beating the Bills

Yeah everyone is pointing to Chancellor coming back, but the Seahawks offense has looked like dogshit. Wilson has looked bad and Graham is nowhere to be found. Chancellor isn't helping that.

and jimmy graham in complaining about his role already, they did lose unger to get graham

the seahawks WRs kinda suck too

A game against the Packers in Lambeau is easy? They'll reel off like 6 in a row and be right back in position to be hosting a divisional round game. Yawn.

I'm not talking about upsets of some mid-tier "who caaaaaaaares" teams. I'm talking how many teams have a legitimate chance to win the whole thing. There aren't many. Sorry.

I misspoke on the Packers game, I'm defeated!

I'm not talking about upsets of some mid-tier "who caaaaaaaares" teams. I'm talking how many teams have a legitimate chance to win the whole thing. There aren't many. Sorry.

That's like, your opinion, man.

Is there less parity than there was back in the day due to the rule changes and QB play becoming more important? Yes. Are the chances DEN/NE/GB/SEA all cruise to their respective CGs being way overstated on here? Yes.

The AFC has it worse than the NFC, though. Through bad QB play and mismangement there just aren't as many teams with a chance. But this isn't anything new and I'd argue the depth is actually better this year than in many recent years

Last edited:
538 has 9 teams above a 2 percent chance to win it all, just four above 10 percent. Seems like it's still a little reliant on last year's results though as the four teams above ten are Dallas Denver New England and Seattle. Obviously Dallas is there based on romo slash dez in the lineup.

Seattle sucked to start last season, as well. They've got time to turn it around.

I'm not sure where I stand on parity. I mean, I think most of the teams can win on "Any Given Sunday"... save for maybe the bottom 2 or 3 against the top 2 or 3. The fact that how good or bad you were the season before impacts your schedule for the next season means that your record can fluctuate a lot without necessarily getting better or worse.

What is funny to me is that New England's schedule actually looks really easy now after winning the Super Bowl (for a myriad of reasons outside of their control).

That's like, your opinion, man.

Is there less parity than there was back in the day due to the rule changes and QB play becoming more important? Yes. Are the chances DEN/NE/GB/SEA all cruise to their respective CGs being way overstated on here? Yes.

The AFC has it worse than the NFC, though. Through bad QB play and mismangement there just aren't as many teams with a chance. But this isn't anything new and I'd argue the depth is actually better this year than in many recent years
Keep on believing, man. Keep on believing.

A factor that often doesn't get mentioned is that coaching still matters a ton. The elite teams aren't only elite because they have talent but because they evolve over the year and get better and better. The two that come to mind are the Patriots and Packers, who are already looking good early on and usually improve significantly over the year. Seattle seems to also have really good coaching, though their coordinators keep getting taken. The cowboys will look improved now at the end of the season when injured players come back but nobody has ever been like wow Jason Garrett is certainly improving as the year goes on, Dallas wins despite him.

The fact that how good or bad you were the season before impacts your schedule for the next season means that your record can fluctuate a lot without necessarily getting better or worse.

What is funny to me is that New England's schedule actually looks really easy now after winning the Super Bowl (for a myriad of reasons outside of their control).

14 of the 16 games are not based off of your record from last year. Records are more likely to fluctuate due to small sample size of the season compared to the other Big 4.

The AFC East is waaaay better than in past so it seems an odd year to bitch ab the Pats sched. But they do benefit from the same AFC South/NFC East cakeish draw the Panthers and Falcons are getting. I expect at least one of the Jets (my preseason pick)/Bills/Dolphins to join them in January

Back