• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official WFU-ND Game Thread

He's got a little Chas Macfarland in him, who I didn't like at all and was on winning Wake teams

The only problem I have with him is number four. Travis McKie gives the "got caught with my hand in the cookie jar" face every single time there's a call he disagrees with, which I think is pretty similar to number three. McKie shrugs at the ref while running back up court too and I haven't heard much criticism of him.

People just like to bitch. If we were winning nobody would care and people would love Devin's enthusiasm.

Devin didn't no show today against strong post players and he talked trash. Whatever. He's 20 years old, that's what 20 year olds do.

People would talk shit all the time in c league intramurals. It's just college kids being college kids.

CONGRATS, GUYS! HAPPY FOR THE WIN. DEVIN, CORON, MILES, AND AARON CAME UP BIG. MOTO REDEEMED HIMSELF WITH THOSE OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS OFF THE MISSED FREE THROWS. TURNOVERS WERE NOT GOOD, BUT SO LONG AS WE CONTINUE TO SHOOT 70% FROM 3, AND 60% FROM THE FLOOR, I THINK WE GOT A CHANCE.

IF YOU BEAT PITT TOMORROW, THEN YOU BETTER BE READY TO WIN THE WHOLE DAMN TOURNAMENT. REBOUND WITH RECKLESS ABANDON AND MAKE ALL YOUR SHOTS AND GO TO THE BIG DANCE. DON'T BEAT PITT, LOSE TO CAROLINA AND THEN HAVE RON FORCE THE COACH DOWN OUR THROATS AGAIN.

We totally have the Irish's number!

We are totally getting stomped by Pitt! Teams with beef crush us like bug

The only problem I have with him is number four. Travis McKie gives the "got caught with my hand in the cookie jar" face every single time there's a call he disagrees with, which I think is pretty similar to number three. McKie shrugs at the ref while running back up court too and I haven't heard much criticism of him.

People just like to bitch. If we were winning nobody would care and people would love Devin's enthusiasm.

Devin didn't no show today against strong post players and he talked trash. Whatever. He's 20 years old, that's what 20 year olds do.

People would talk shit all the time in c league intramurals. It's just college kids being college kids.
Notre Dame has strong post players? LOL, c'mon, Numbers. Notre Dame is horrible defensively.

Notre Dame has strong post players? LOL, c'mon, Numbers. Notre Dame is horrible defensively.

I didn't say they were good on defense, but it's pretty indisputable that Sherman is a presence inside that has proven difficult for opposing big men to handle. It's literally the only thing that articles talk about when you play ND: Sherman will dominate you on both ends of the floor.

Don't forget Devin calls out other players on his own team.

You'd love it if he was part of winnings teams like those, dude.

No, I wouldn't. Because all three of those guys picked their spots. When they tangled, they tangled with actual tangible people, not air. They didn't vent passive-aggressively in the media. And they tended to rise to the competition, not shy away from it.

Also lays down own the court only to slowly walk/jog to not even half court before we get the ball back.

Hokies playing pretty damn well. Up 5 on the U. With 3:30 left in first

David Glenn Show ‏@DavidGlennShow 7m
DG: "Every time [Redacted] says 'not about me,' or mentions nine freshmen/sophomores, I think he's recruiting his WF successor for his AD."

Devin was 10-11 vs. ND earlier this year. The game today shouldn't come as a surprise really. ND's post defense is very, very bad.

Don't worry, guys! They're Besties! They'll overcome adversity and opponents alike with the spirit of friendship!

Devin's been over the top this year. Talked too much on and off the court. He's also about to pass Travis in points per game on the year (and already ahead points per minute), so there's something to be said for the effort level. I think playing under an uninspiring guy like [Redacted] means you have to find your own way to get fired up. Hell, [Redacted] himself says shit like "if you can't get excited to play in the ACC, I don't know what gets you excited" or whatever. Some guys simply don't get fired up, some guys turn into assholes, some are like Coron and act like a pro.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he plays under a legit coach and doesn't have to manufacturer intensity. The criticism is valid this year though, whether he was putting up a great stat line like tonight or disappearing against Miami.

To be fair to Devin, Travis really is awful at perimeter defense. Maybe Notre Dame's forwards are really fast and they just look slow in their 80s shaggy hairdos, but holy shit Travis' lateral movement is ... not good.

DUDE
We did WIN today and this was the most obnoxious I've ever found Devin.

THEORY SMASHED

Back