• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially Gasparilla Bowl Thread - Wake Forest vs. The University of Misery

Yeah, when one of their players was being classy trying to help Sam up, one of his teammates almost tackled him.

Teams are usually direct reflections of their coach. After seeing that assclown's postgame, I can see why they hate one another. If I was a Missouri alum, I'd have some deep concerns about my football program's future.

Teams are usually direct reflections of their coach. After seeing that assclown's postgame, I can see why they hate one another. If I was a Missouri alum, I'd have some deep concerns about my football program's future.

#3 on their defense swung a fist a Perry after a first down catch. He apparently took offense at Perry "helping" the official by signalling first down.

#3 on their defense swung a fist a Perry after a first down catch. He apparently took offense at Perry "helping" the official by signalling first down.
The line judge needed a lot of help in spotting the ball appropriately.

At least 3 times we got the first, only to end up in a botched 3rd and short or 4th and short.

That's huge. Shifty line judge.

Of course he did lead his post game speech by saying they started 6-1 and didn’t do as well as they should have down there stretch.

We have not won 8 or more that many times. But that what makes the botched games so painful. 9 or more is pretty special.
We have won 8+ games in 1979, 1992, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2022

In overall Wake history it’s quite special. Recently it’s not nearly as rare. Importantly, let’s remember that a good number of those have come since the schedule expanded to 12 regular season games.
I believe that only 1979 and 1992 were with a 11 game regular season.

We have won 8+ games in 1979, 1992, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2022
9 times in 100 years of playing football? Got it.

We also, still, have the worst winning percentage of all power 5 teams. Which just makes essentially blowing a couple of wins just a little worse.

9 times in 100 years of playing football? Got it.

We also, still, have the worst winning percentage of all power 5 teams. Which just makes essentially blowing a couple of wins just a little worse.
We don’t anymore actually.

There you go. A month ago we were behind Indiana. We have arrived.

IIRC many years ago we were ahead of kstate until Snyder got there

Back