• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially Gasparilla Bowl Thread - Wake Forest vs. The University of Misery

Drinkiwitz: "It's kind of fun to beat people (pause) when they think they got ya."

You know what's more fun? Winning football games. But hey, enjoy your recruiting "win" of a guy that will probably be in the transfer portal within three years.

ON THE COMMENTS BY ELI DRINKWITZ ABOUT A LATE-CYCLE RECRUITING FLIP FROM WAKE FOREST TO MISSOURI​

Clawson: “I like & respect Eli. Everyone views their job differently. I think my job as coach at Wake Forest is I want my players modeling me, and modeling sportsmanship. I don't know if he was trying to be funny or cute, I just don't think comments like that are necessary. People have different personalities, but that's just not something I would do. I was a little disappointed he did that, but he's a good football coach and I do like and respect him. I just don't think anybody on our staff really appreciated those comments."

Clawson's comments Drinkwitz reminded me of Tim Duncan's comment, " greatest player I've seen." about Greg Newton of Duke after some trash talk from Newton.

ON THE COMMENTS BY ELI DRINKWITZ ABOUT A LATE-CYCLE RECRUITING FLIP FROM WAKE FOREST TO MISSOURI​

Clawson: “I like & respect Eli. Everyone views their job differently. I think my job as coach at Wake Forest is I want my players modeling me, and modeling sportsmanship. I don't know if he was trying to be funny or cute, I just don't think comments like that are necessary. People have different personalities, but that's just not something I would do. I was a little disappointed he did that, but he's a good football coach and I do like and respect him. I just don't think anybody on our staff really appreciated those comments."
As another poster asked, was DC's comment above made pre or post-game?

Just an FYI, official attendance was 34,370, 52% of stadium capacity.

Not a very loud crowd, either.

It was too cold for that.

I’m shocked it was 50% full. We didn’t see the WF side on TV much but the shot coming out of half of the whole stadium looked to be about 10% full. The endzones also looked empty and the Mizzou side looked maybe 25% full.

Back