• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ogboards yahoo fantasy golf league PICKS DUE TOMORROW 8/22 BY 7:10 AM EDT

deac_tracy

Reaction score
Since there were so many people who played Sleepy's golf contest, figured this would be a good idea.

Rules are fairly similar to Sleepy's contest. Starts next week, January 4th.

ID: 5992
Password: deacs

Last edited:
Getting in soon. Played fantasy golf a while back but haven't done so in a while.

Appreciate the post though.

I poked around on Yahoo but didn't really find an answer; so if somebody could either post or link an explanation to the following, it would be much appreciated.

What are the basic scoring perimeters for the league?

Can you move a player between your bench and active roster in the middle of a tournament (between rounds)? If so, does having a player on your bench for all 4 rounds count against the remaining starts that player has left?

Pretty much a quick summary of the rules of the league would be nice!

I poked around on Yahoo but didn't really find an answer; so if somebody could either post or link an explanation to the following, it would be much appreciated.

What are the basic scoring perimeters for the league?

Can you move a player between your bench and active roster in the middle of a tournament (between rounds)? If so, does having a player on your bench for all 4 rounds count against the remaining starts that player has left?

Pretty much a quick summary of the rules of the league would be nice!

Assuming the Yahoo! set-up is the same as prior years' when I played:
Scoring: You score will be the total score for each of your starting players each day. You will have 8 players playing each day, and your daily score will be the total of those 8 golfers. The total for the week will the cumulative total of the 4 daily scores.
Rosters: You have to set your 16 man roster before the tourney starts each week. Each day you pick which 8 guys to play (A, B, C limited). So, you can make mid-tourney changes within your 16 man roster (i.e. for guys that miss the cut). If you never move a guy from the bench to "playing" then it DOES NOT count against the usage limit for that player.

Assuming the Yahoo! set-up is the same as prior years' when I played:
Scoring: You score will be the total score for each of your starting players each day. You will have 8 players playing each day, and your daily score will be the total of those 8 golfers. The total for the week will the cumulative total of the 4 daily scores.
Rosters: You have to set your 16 man roster before the tourney starts each week. Each day you pick which 8 guys to play (A, B, C limited). So, you can make mid-tourney changes within your 16 man roster (i.e. for guys that miss the cut). If you never move a guy from the bench to "playing" then it DOES NOT count against the usage limit for that player.
Wait, think this is incorrect.

I believe you select 1 A-list, 2 B-list, and 1 C-list golfer for your active team, and the same for your bench. These are your players for that tournament. You can sub in your players from your bench for each round, however if a golfer is used for even a round, it counts as 1 start. You can only use each player for 10 starts throughout the year. The scoring is also per round, not tournament. Check the Scoring Rules and FAQs for further explanation.

FAQs
Scoring rules.

Alright I'm in - never done a full season golf fantasy league before. Probably means I'll win it all.

Edited to add I like the A - 1, B - 2, C - 1 set up, vs. 8 players every round... is everyone alright if we make it that you pick 4 golfers each weekend vs. eight golfers?

Last edited:
Also for the scoring the golfer gets a score each round.

Example of Scoring:

Let's say the best score for the 1st round is a -3.

Then all golfers who have a -3 in the first round get 20 points. Golfers with a -2 get 18 points, golfers with a -1 get 16 points and so on and so forth.

Also the A-1 B-2 C-1 set up is the only set up I can use in this league.

Wait, think this is incorrect.

I believe you select 1 A-list, 2 B-list, and 1 C-list golfer for your active team, and the same for your bench. These are your players for that tournament. You can sub in your players from your bench for each round, however if a golfer is used for even a round, it counts as 1 start. You can only use each player for 10 starts throughout the year. The scoring is also per round, not tournament. Check the Scoring Rules and FAQs for further explanation.

FAQs
Scoring rules.

Nonny is correct here. If you leave a guy on the bench all week, it doesn't count as a "start" for him.

In, as team Dimpled Balls.

I had entered....but this is a ridiculously complicated scoring system. I've never been in a golf fantasy contest where you could change golfers each round during the middle of a tournament. Just too much maintenance required in a system like that.

Requires just as much maintenence as a fantasy basketball or baseball team. It's not that bad.

Last edited:
I had entered....but this is a ridiculously complicated scoring system. I've never been in a golf fantasy contest where you could change golfers each round during the middle of a tournament. Just too much maintenance required in a system like that.

Oh you change it each round - yeah not a fan of that... I like picking a team for each tournament. n/m - enjoy...

Never played a fantasy baseball league where you don't update daily. Different strokes.

Texas made this league through Yahoo's default settings. If you don't like it, no worries. But no need to whine about it.

Back