• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ogboards yahoo fantasy golf league PICKS DUE TOMORROW 8/22 BY 7:10 AM EDT

Nice to have scores on the board finally.

Dustin Johnson on my bench, but I think it's too early in the season to chase the bonus points for the win by putting him in for one round and using up one of his events in the process.

LET IT RIDE.

Yeah, a few people got scared off from entering this, mistakenly thinking it would require a lot of mid-tournament maintenance. I think people will replace for missed cuts and that's probably it. If you put in Dustin today, he has to win to justify that move. If he shoots E today, Stricker is -4 and Watney is -5, your switch earns you zero points.

OK, maybe throwing him in the starting lineup would have been a good idea. Watney gave you nothing today, and barring collapse Dustin will win the tournament. It's going to take awhile to learn the nuances of this.

In as LinksDeacs. Not sure I understand yet, but picking Dustin was a good thing this week on any level. Wonder why so many playing this week are skipping the Sony. You're already in Hawaii... Thanks for setting this up. Sounds like fun.

I bet the players that did skip it are happy they did after playing 36 Monday and 18 Tuesday. Why did the PGA run that tournament Friday-Monday anyway? Seems like a Sunday night primetime finish would have garnered much better ratings (NFL ended at 7:30) than a Monday primetime finish against the BCS national championship would have. It's the day most golf viewers associate with the final round, and a Monday finish gives you little flexibility in the event of bad weather. Only reason I can think of for starting on Friday 1/4 was to allow the golfers to spend New Year's at home.

I bet the players that did skip it are happy they did after playing 36 Monday and 18 Tuesday. Why did the PGA run that tournament Friday-Monday anyway? Seems like a Sunday night primetime finish would have garnered much better ratings (NFL ended at 7:30) than a Monday primetime finish against the BCS national championship would have. It's the day most golf viewers associate with the final round, and a Monday finish gives you little flexibility in the event of bad weather. Only reason I can think of for starting on Friday 1/4 was to allow the golfers to spend New Year's at home.

Pretty sure I read it was because they didn't want to compete with NFL playoffs. Or the UNC/UVA game on Sunday night. Ha.

Yeah, maybe I should have put in DJ, but I had the opportunity for bonus points with Stricker and Watney, and I wasn't sure I wanted to "waste" one of my uses of DJ for one round.

Next week picks due tomorrow at 12:10 pm EST.

35 more weeks to go!

I've got Boo, DJ, Webb, and Horschel going today. I'm a ways back after that first tournament. It was rough.

Three or four guys forgot to update their picks this week, including Old Man Duffer who won't get any points for the A spot.

Three or four guys forgot to update their picks this week, including Old Man Duffer who won't get any points for the A spot.

Weeding out the slackers early on. :thumbsup:

Two of my four starters are on the course and both are tied for 2nd! :willynilly: #overreaction

I think "golf clap" should have to be used in every post on this thread. :golfclap:

Guessing they are out for the entire week, and not just the round, which kind of sucks. I think there was a drop week(s) option during setup. Maybe you want to consider that texasdeac. Might be a lot to ask for people to submit rosters 36 straight weeks in a free league.

Surprised someone didn't submit a roster this week though. If you logged on to check scores Monday and Tuesday, it sent you directly to Week 2 even though Week 1 was not complete. I might go put a few scrubs in for Week 3 right now in case I forget early next week. :golfclap:

Guessing they are out for the entire week, and not just the round, which kind of sucks. I think there was a drop week(s) option during setup. Maybe you want to consider that texasdeac. Might be a lot to ask for people to submit rosters 36 straight weeks in a free league.

Surprised someone didn't submit a roster this week though. If you logged on to check scores Monday and Tuesday, it sent you directly to Week 2 even though Week 1 was not complete. I might go put a few scrubs in for Week 3 right now in case I forget early next week. :golfclap:

Yeah I knew I was going to have to do this eventually. I only have the option of dropping one week though.

For those of you who forgot to submit a lineup this week, it's not that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure all of us will forget to submit a lineup at least one week this season.

Wish I would have started my back up A Howell III instead of Blixt, but we will wait and see. Johnson and Kuchar not doing much so far. And Gainey still has to tee off along with Blixt.

Wish I had played Howell (my backup) as well. I have weekley starting instead. It sucks too because something like 33 percent of players have Howell starting. Hope boo plays well. Happy with my billy horschel pick today

I had Chuck Howell in a full-year fantasy golf thing last year. Trust me, he'll back up his good round today with a 78 tomorrow. Then probably a 75 on Saturday and then a low score to edge into the top 20 on Sunday. I think my entire team last year was made up of guys who did that.

Bleh if I'd started everyone who's playing/played for me so far I'd have a guy at -4, two at -3, and a guy at -2. That would be a good chunk of points even though I'm sure someone will throw down a 64 later this afternoon.

Need Weekley and Webb to play well.

I wish they showed tee times when does Gainey and Blixt tee off?

ugh Johnson finished with a couple of bogey's. How does this work? Your players can play in 10 tourneys throughout the year right? So if I decide to take out Johnson and use one of my backups for the rest of this tournament that means I lose a tourney start for both Johnson and the back up guy I bring in?

Back