• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ogboards yahoo fantasy golf league PICKS DUE TOMORROW 8/22 BY 7:10 AM EDT

Correct jamesda3. I am new to this too, but I wouldn't recommend pulling a player as good as Johnson unless he misses the cut, but to each their own.

I probably won't so I will not waste a start, but would it be worth it if you had a potential winner on the bench not that I do?

I have picked a better backup squad so far this week as they are -10 and my starters are -5.

I probably won't so I will not waste a start, but would it be worth it if you had a potential winner on the bench not that I do?

First round is typically too early to identify anyone as a potential winner on Tour.

The bonus points are only based on who you start on Sunday. Changing your lineup after one day typically doesn't make a lot of sense because a guy who shoots 74 one day can easily shoot 68 the next and vice versa.

I thought the bonus points were just based on if you played a guy at any point during the tournament who then finished in the top 3. So if you played DJ round one last week and then not the last three rounds for whatever reason, you'd still get the 10 bonus points for him winning.

I stuck with the same four guys today. I figure if Boo sucks again Howell will likely make the cut and I can slide him in. I'm going with a mixture of using good guys early with guys who might be a little streaky/play well on a particular course that I know I won't max out over the year. If you don't max out Rory/Tiger later on you're crazy so I'm fine using a good number of good players early, especially if they're hot.

Numbers is correct.

"To earn bonus points for your team, a golfer must be active for at least one round of the tournament."

Lots of people have Gainey and Howell today going. Pulling against Gainey (relative to Horschel at least) but need Howell to do well because Boo isn't going to be sticking around for the weekend I don't think.

Gainey +1 on the day and Blixt looks like he is getting close to missing the cut so I might have to slide in Howell III. Why are points earned yesterday not listed?

Mark Wilson or Tim Clark for my A player. I chose Wilson naturally.

Gainey +1 on the day and Blixt looks like he is getting close to missing the cut so I might have to slide in Howell III. Why are points earned yesterday not listed?
Think it had to do with 2 golfers not finishing yesterday and thus play was officially suspended. Would have thought they'd be updated by now but guess not.

Well I guess it is up to Kuchar continuing what he did yesterday. DJ turning it around and Gainey playing well for me having any shot this week. With what Nonny has gotten I doubt I have much of a chance.

The 62's on back to back days hurt my guys shooting 69 and 70. Weekley was just a shit pick. I have Howell for the weekend if he plays well though so that's good.

I didn't slide Kuchar in but can for the weekend. I need DJ and Horschel to shoot like 66 or 67 or I'm probably cruising for another shitty week just like last week.

The key from this point on is just getting people to make the cut, especially since you're more likely to have a guy who isn't going to be outside of 10 shots from the best score of the day (if you make the cut you're probably playing moderately well and there are fewer players which means fewer guys to post a 62 and skew things).

So I know the PGA, but don't keep up with all the golfers or rules that much. Being within 10 shots of the leader is making the cut right? So Blixt who I don't know why I started as my A has missed the cut right and it would be best for me to slide Howell in for the remainder of the weekend to get the points despite losing one of his starts right? I have played golf and watched golf all my life, but have just started really following it hard core the last 2 years.

Low 70 plus ties. If there are more than 79? (can't remember the exact number) that make it, through ties of course, then everyone that's on the number is cut. So if the cut line is -2 and there are 16 people at -2, they get credited with making the cut and get paid but don't get to play the weekend. It's credited as an MDF.

I think that's still the rule this year.

So, when my A guy Wilson misses the cut can I bring in my A bench player?

Yes, I am clueless.

Back