• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ogboards yahoo fantasy golf league PICKS DUE TOMORROW 8/22 BY 7:10 AM EDT

Agree on the lacking of rules on the main page. For a fantasy sport a bit off the beaten path, there should be a clear explanation of the rules. Or at least I likewise couldn't find one without doing some searching around.

Bump reminder picks are due by 3:35 pm tomorrow EST.

It may be possible to set the rules to lock in your players for the weekend. It seems like using this method the first day is guessing and the next two is going with who has been hot and at the top.

Oh you change it each round - yeah not a fan of that... I like picking a team for each tournament. n/m - enjoy...

I had entered....but this is a ridiculously complicated scoring system. I've never been in a golf fantasy contest where you could change golfers each round during the middle of a tournament. Just too much maintenance required in a system like that.

On first glance, I agree that changing your players during random events like the John Deere Classic is way too much work and the winner of this would just be based on endurance. No trouble following golf religiously from teh Masters until the end of the year, but it's tough to pay attention/care during NFL playoffs and the heart of college basketball season (maybe less so under Buzz).

However, there probably won't be that much switching during tournaments since you can only use each player 10 times, and you don't want to burn a start for a player unless your initial pick missed the cut, or a guy on your bench has a 3 shot lead going into the final round.

Translation: I am in, though I fully expect to suck at this..at least early on.

Team Name: Buzz Is Our Handicap

I'm impressed with the Yahoo site. Everything you need to make your picks is on that site, including past results on the course. Much more complete than their fantasy football site.

Nice weather they're having out there... holy crap.

Think these are the craziest weather conditions I've ever seen for an American golf tournament. Just took this video.

I watched that putt live. It looks like a tropical storm. Crazy. Bubba hit a drive into the wind on 3 that only went 235 yards.

They have cancelled play --- they will start fresh tomorrow (all scores cancelled)

Another wash. I have no idea how this fantasy thing works when they play 36 in a day.

At least it is a no-cut event. Plug in your best 4 and let it ride!

Curtis just missed two putts inside 2 feet to get a triple bogey. While most golf tournament coverage is full of players making long putts, this has been nonstop missed putts inside 5 feet.

Full restart today!

Charl's in Charge is one of the best team names I've ever seen. Kudos.

Looks like a good call so far on Stricker and Bradley, not so much on Dufner and Poulter.

Back