• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oh heck yes. Last four minutes are gold.

Well Spurrier can be glad he is not dealing with Frank Howard; otherwise he might be missing some teeth

So two days before he coaches in the ACC championship game, Dabo spends 3 minutes talking about a team and a coach that owns his ass and that is awesome? I'd be pissed if I was a Clemson fan.

Wow. Just wow. Talk about taking the high road and showing class with those comments. What Dumbo might want to do is check his damn facts first. Did Spurrier specifically make the comment about LSU, Bama, and Clemson? NO.

Last time I checked, he is 1-3 against Spurrier and did absolutely nothing to contribute to Clemson's past success against South Carolina.

I hope he stays at Clemson for another 10 years.

cocks, eh?

#DaboSwinneyProblems is blowing up on Twitter right now. Somebody post the Twitter feed. That's some funny chit.

I hate klemp as much as anyone, but that was pretty sweet.

The last half of the rant sounded like a repeat of what I hear from my South Carolina relatives (Tiger fans) every time the subject of Gamecock football comes up.

I have no ties to the Univ of South Carolina, but I always enjoy Spurrier. I don't know if he'll retort or not, but if he does I expect it to be short and sweet and include a reference to the fact that Clemson's nat title was 10 years before any of the current players were born.

Well, a National Championship trumps anything in USCar's resume!

Read what I typed...Spurrier, for all the shit he catches (lots deserved), is still a calculating pragmatic. He doesn't have an ounce of the "jack legged preacherman" and so his brand of straight shooting comes without all the usual bullshit asides of "how great an opponent ol' Clemson is and we are all honored to play them in their hallowed stadium" hoo-ha.

When you hear his quotes it's as if he would say the same thing if you were sitting with him in his office..."Hell we ain't in the same class as LSU or Bama but we ain't Clemson".

Bald truth of current situation imo.

Read what I typed...Spurrier, for all the shit he catches (lots deserved), is still a calculating pragmatic. He doesn't have an ounce of the "jack legged preacherman" and so his brand of straight shooting comes without all the usual bullshit asides of "how great an opponent ol' Clemson is and we are all honored to play them in their hallowed stadium" hoo-ha.

When you hear his quotes it's as if he would say the same thing if you were sitting with him in his office..."Hell we ain't in the same class as LSU or Bama but we ain't Clemson".

True in the present; but you can't make such statements without bringing into play the alumni and the entire history. For Spurrier SC began when he arrived...but it just ain't that simple!

Spurrier has responded, and in a mere 5 seconds cuts down Dabo's 5 minute diatribe....

and I quote: “Smart people don’t believe everything they read, and they don’t believe hearsay. … I guess Dabo believed it.”

End of discussion.

except spurrier never said it, the radio announcer did

So two days before he coaches in the ACC championship game, Dabo spends 3 minutes talking about a team and a coach that owns his ass and that is awesome? I'd be pissed if I was a Clemson fan.

Agree with this. Posrep. Why is Dabo getting wound up about this before he plays in a VERY important game for his future as the Clemson head coach?

Not implying that Dabo is on the hot seat, but Clemson fans are a fickle bunch and they can only taking getting to the 'ship so many times without winning it...

If that is true Swinney has stepped in it!

But if he wanted to deflect attention from his team, he has succeeded

Not really....he opened his blast with "I don't know if he really said it or not."

I think Dabo was looking for a way to energize a team that has head issues right now. It came at the expense of a football team that lives through the accomplishments of the other teams in their conference, big deal....

awesome response. not sure how much it'll fire up the players, boyd looks like reggie ball.

Not really....he opened his blast with "I don't know if he really said it or not."

I think Dabo was looking for a way to energize a team that has head issues right now. It came at the expense of a football team that lives through the accomplishments of the other teams in their conference, big deal....

ANY coach who falls into this trap and runs his mouth for five minutes is nothing but a damn idiot.

Everything he said would be appropriate and inspirational in a locker room. Saying this to the media is just not very bright.

Last edited:
Why does Clemson require all students to take a course in dairy farming?

So they can milk a national championship for 30 years.

One of my dad's cousins has worked for Spurrier since he started at UF. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and that's just who the guy is. He doesn't mince words.

awesome response. not sure how much it'll fire up the players, boyd looks like reggie ball.

Yep.....he is only getting about 2 seconds to make a decision, but it's usually the wrong one. Need to feed the short passes to Dwayne Allen.

This is the Wake Forest board..not the Little Carolnia or Clemson board.

Take your wannabe Carolina slapfight somewhere else please.

Thanks

Love,

Someone that lives in the REAL CAROLINA.

:)

Back