• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oh heck yes. Last four minutes are gold.

For anyone that is interested, #daboswinneyproblems is trending on Twitter and it's hilarious. Even if you have interest in the South Carolina/Clemson rivalry, it's pretty dang funny.

Hysterical. Spurrier up to his old tricks. In Dabo's head just like Fulmer and Goff.

Dabo is an idiot. You can only live off the "history" of your program for so long (Notre Dame says hello)

The only Clemson traditions I'm aware of are acting like an SEC program and failing to deliver when it matters most. This year is exhibit A, an 8-0 record and then they threw up all over themselves and should have lost to the deacs as well.

He is about to play for the ACC Championship and possibly go to the Orange Bowl and he is obsessing over South Carolina!!! I just don't get it.

Did we want Grobe talking smack about the Tarholes right before we played Ga. Tech in the Championship? Or were we hoping he was focused on the championship and the team we were actually playing?

P.S. and it was Todd Ellis the gamecocks radio announcer who actually said the line.

Agree with this. Dabo is a dick-clown. There should be a new coach there next year, but I sure hope not. He can just continue to fuel the pipe dreams that are and have been the idiocy of that fanbase since 1981. Please let OSU grab their savior of an OC so Dabo can get sent packing back to a WR coach somewhere in a few years (after he has completely ruined that program). For the record, I regard him as cheating scum as well, regardless of the lack of current violations/allegations. I work with two knowledgeable Clemson fans who both often joke about how good Dabo is at "cheating" to get recruits. "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'" apparently is his motto as well as theirs. I hate those assclowns at Clemson, if it isn't very obvious. Rant over.

For anyone that is interested, #daboswinneyproblems is trending on Twitter and it's hilarious. Even if you have interest in the South Carolina/Clemson rivalry, it's pretty dang funny.

Maybe it's trending in Columbia but not around here. Either way you can do the search just by going to http://www.daboswinneyproblems.com

Trends: United States trends · change

#Heres2YouPromoted
#TGIF
#ff
#igotmyearspiercedwhen
Finally Friday
Rise and Grind
Fridayyy
Thank You Lord
Happy Birthday Britney
Finding Nemo

True in the present; but you can't make such statements without bringing into play the alumni and the entire history. For Spurrier SC began when he arrived...but it just ain't that simple!

I agree, but with such a star-crossed history (Morrison's Black Watch then his own Black Watch as he departed the mortal coil)...Lou Holtz having to answer questions about a "Chicken Curse" ... he actually had to tell a roomfull of reporters "I believe in Christ not a chicken" -- Hell, I'd run from that checkered past too...a past in which many fans and alumni of SCAR imagined themeselves "cursed".

So I appreciate Spurrier's "to hell with the past" attitude and his "I'm a man with a plan and the future is now" approach.

Jim Grobe has had to do the same -- he's had an uphill battle against "legacy fandom" and just general non-believers in the potential of Wake Forest. He has had to close his ears to the pre-disposed "here we go again" gang who expects to lose. He needs all the help he can get in that last regard.

Dabo has 28 wins with 2 games left in his 4th season. He was saying a coach should be fired if he only gets 35 wins in his first 5 seasons. He'll be sweating if he doesn't win the ACCCG or his bowl this season. Good thing the Dabo rule didn't apply to Grobe (26 wins after 5). Year 6 was our Orange Bowl season.

He is about to play for the ACC Championship and possibly go to the Orange Bowl and he is obsessing over South Carolina!!! I just don't get it.

Did we want Grobe talking smack about the Tarholes right before we played Ga. Tech in the Championship? Or were we hoping he was focused on the championship and the team we were actually playing?

P.S. and it was Todd Ellis the gamecocks radio announcer who actually said the line.

Did you listen to the interview before posting? He was responding to a direct question, and he answered it. He wasnt just going off on a tangent out of nowhere. The first part of the interview dealt with how the team looked going into the championship game and practice/injury reports.

This whole Dabo thing has me wondering if / when Tommy Bowden will ever coach again.

Spurrier has responded, and in a mere 5 seconds cuts down Dabo's 5 minute diatribe....

and I quote: “Smart people don’t believe everything they read, and they don’t believe hearsay. … I guess Dabo believed it.”

End of discussion.

Actually about 10 seconds for the full quote. SOS really getting inside Dabo's head (not like there is anything in there anyway).

Spurrier is willing to let the incident pass, he said Thursday.

“That crap can happen. They can stick quotes on you,” he said. “As long as the story gets straight, that’s fine with me. I am not mad with anybody. We have a good relationship with those guys, and it’s going to stay that way.”

Spurrier’s daughter Lisa told him Wednesday night that the quote was making the rounds and being attributed to him.

“I said, ‘Well, what do you want me to do? I didn’t say it,’” Spurrier said. “Smart people don’t believe everything they read, and they don’t believe hearsay. … I guess Dabo believed it.”

As a side note, I was watching that ESPN film "The Game That Changed Everything" and totally forgot that Dabo Swinney was a receiver on that 1992 Alabama team.

This whole Dabo thing has me wondering if / when Tommy Bowden will ever coach again.

Bowden is a good guy that can be brought in somewhere to clean things up. He's a good bridge coach. Im not sure how Wazzu got Leach, but Bowden is the type or guy that's perfect to come into a place like Wazzu and get them up to 7-9 wins a season so they have more pull to get a guy like Leach......of course that bridge coach can be skipped by shelling out the bucks.

I agree, but with such a star-crossed history (Morrison's Black Watch then his own Black Watch as he departed the mortal coil)...Lou Holtz having to answer questions about a "Chicken Curse" ... he actually had to tell a roomfull of reporters "I believe in Christ not a chicken" -- Hell, I'd run from that checkered past too...a past in which many fans and alumni of SCAR imagined themeselves "cursed".

So I appreciate Spurrier's "to hell with the past" attitude and his "I'm a man with a plan and the future is now" approach.

Jim Grobe has had to do the same -- he's had an uphill battle against "legacy fandom" and just general non-believers in the potential of Wake Forest. He has had to close his ears to the pre-disposed "here we go again" gang who expects to lose. He needs all the help he can get in that last regard.

Spurrier has definitely changed the culture in Columbia. It took some time, but he really has them trending up. Clemson is no longer their main concern, and it shows on the field.

Spurrier has definitely changed the culture in Columbia. It took some time, but he really has them trending up. Clemson is no longer their main concern, and it shows on the field.

You won't have to worry about him for long. Once he gets the school record for wins (I think he's 10 away), he's leaving.

Did you listen to the interview before posting? He was responding to a direct question, and he answered it. He wasnt just going off on a tangent out of nowhere. The first part of the interview dealt with how the team looked going into the championship game and practice/injury reports.

Yeah the whole point of the rant is that he was pissed/amazed that this kind of Crap question was being asked two days before the ACCCG. And he response wasn't spontaneous. He knew something like this would be asked, and his response will fire up the fan base, which was necessary. Many fans after the scar fame were thinking of and actually selling their ACCCG tickets. What once could have been a stadium 70% full of clemson fans might now be a majority VT fans.

Get the fans riled up, get the players riled up. He knows these next two games will decide if he is Tommy Bowden's daughter or if he is the one to take clemson to the next level. The rant was calculated and it I think just what he needed to do.

I am currently living and working in South Carolina. As for Clemson and South Carolina, I don't have a dog in that fight. I'm a Deacon man, only a Deacon man, and I seem to have the WF franchise in my town.

You won't have to worry about him for long. Once he gets the school record for wins (I think he's 10 away), he's leaving.

Well with the position he has them in now, im a little concerned about who they could replace him with. Going to columbia now wouldn't be anything like going to columbia 5 years ago.

Maybe they'll get hit with penalties though.....it's been pretty wild down there.

Back