• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oh heck yes. Last four minutes are gold.

Oh there was definitely a meltdown, but he still has a shot at the BCS......beat VT and win the OB and everything but getting waxed by scar is forgiven. Lose to VT, then lose in the Chick Fil A bowl and the meltdown will hit epic proportions.

Right - just hard to call the Orange Bowl vs WVU - a top quality BCS matchup.....the Big East just needs to go away.

I go to graduate school down here at USC and there is a school newspaper called the "DaileyGamecock."
I grab the paper a couple days ago and engulf in the pearls of wisdom that spurrier had to say about the Clemson game.
And I quote "We are not a Bama or LSU, but we are probably the best defense behind those guys"...
But here is the kicker... he continued to say "We play in the SEC, we are not like the ACC, like Wake Forest or Maryland, no disrespect to those guys."

Had SOME respect for him before I read that, no none at all. Why point out paticulars?

He wouldn't say that about duke because that's where he got his college coaching start

With that comment, he obviously forgot where he came from

I go to graduate school down here at USC and there is a school newspaper called the "DaileyGamecock."
I grab the paper a couple days ago and engulf in the pearls of wisdom that spurrier had to say about the Clemson game.
And I quote "We are not a Bama or LSU, but we are probably the best defense behind those guys"...
But here is the kicker... he continued to say "We play in the SEC, we are not like the ACC, like Wake Forest or Maryland, no disrespect to those guys."

Had SOME respect for him before I read that, no none at all. Why point out paticulars?

Well, he's right. Unlike little Carolina both Wake and Maryland have conference championships in recent memory.

Well, he's right. Unlike little Carolina both Wake and Maryland have conference championships in recent memory.

Yeah...that quote's been out for almost a week and I wasn't going to mention it over here b/c that's not my style. Let's just say Santa Spurrier is full of a lot of glee this winter after beating Clemson 3 years in a row. There's a stocking on the fireplace that says Spurrier has more ACC conference championships than Dabo.

Speaking of Dat-boy.....I'm hearing that 1) Dabo's rant last night was from part of his recruiting "speech" used to sway or possibly run off (in this situation) recruits. Was also confirmed by several current USC players not named. 2) Dabo knew about the quote and was prepped for a question about it on Monday in advance of his Tuesday press conference. The question never came on Tuesday.

And I quote, "tweet that". Really...which D1 head coach says that?

Yeah...that quote's been out for almost a week and I wasn't going to mention it over here b/c that's not my style. Let's just say Santa Spurrier is full of a lot of glee this winter after beating Clemson 3 years in a row. There's a stocking on the fireplace that says Spurrier has more ACC conference championships than Dabo.

Speaking of Dat-boy.....I'm hearing that 1) Dabo's rant last night was from part of his recruiting "speech" used to sway or possibly run off (in this situation) recruits. Was also confirmed by several current USC players not named. 2) Dabo knew about the quote and was prepped for a question about it on Monday in advance of his Tuesday press conference. The question never came on Tuesday.

And I quote, "tweet that". Really...which D1 head coach says that?

If the question never came, how did Dabo spout off, like just a rant?

Back