• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ohio State Somali Knife Wielder Confirmed To Be Terrorist

It wasn't taboo until the idea that other lives also mattered itself became taboo.

giphy.gif

It wasn't taboo until the idea that other lives also mattered itself became taboo.

No matter how many times you say this it is still a gross misrepresentation of what the reality is. Either you truly lack understanding of this topic, or continue to just blatantly misrepresent it.

It's not "Black Lives Matter (MORE THAN ANY OTHER RACE OR GREATER THAN ANY OTHER RACE)"

It's "Black Lives Matter (too/the same amount as other lives)"

The only reason this has come up is because it has become increasingly clear that there is much different policing across America depending on your skin color. This has been proven statistically by DoJ reports into the matter. This doesn't even touch on the inequality/systemic racism occurring at other levels in the government.

No matter how many times you say this it is still a gross misrepresentation of what the reality is. Either through your true lack of understanding or blatantly doing so.

It's not "Black Lives Matter (MORE THAN ANY OTHER RACE OR GREATER THAN ANY OTHER RACE)"

It's "Black Lives Matter (too/the same amount as other lives)"

It's just "Black Lives Matter". At no point was that ever a comparative statement.

It's just "Black Lives Matter". At no point was that ever a comparative statement.

I understand that, but apparently it's extremely difficult to just have "Black Lives Mattering" without inserting "WHAT ABOUT OTHER LIVES MATTERING TOO?!?!?", so I tried to at least put it on a comparative basis to perhaps assist in JHMD understanding.

We've been down this road a million times on a million different threads so I don't know why I continue to bang my head against this wall.

We've been down this road a million times on a million different threads so I don't know why I continue to bang my head against this wall.

Well I don't know if you've been paying attention, but every topic is now closed for debate since Trump won. Dumb libs cared too much about black lives mattering and not enough about all lives mattering (and yes that's the dichotomy whether you libs like it or not).

Well I don't know if you've been paying attention, but every topic is now closed for debate since Trump won. Dumb libs cared too much about black lives mattering and not enough about white working class rural lives mattering (and yes that's the dichotomy whether you libs like it or not).

Fixed. Opposition to black lives mattering has never been about all lives and it definitely wasn't a dichotomy in this election.

But further to jhmd's only salient point on this thread, none of this has anything to do with the guy (probably a terrorist) who attacked Americans on our soil.

It's all a distraction.

While I feel bad for the victim's families first and hope everyone is ok, the communities this hurts the most in the US are peaceful Muslim refugees. Most of the big landing places in the US like St. Cloud, MN already have tensions running high. The leaders in these communities are the very people conservatives talk about when they say "Muslims need to condemn these activities in their own communities."

I'm mostly surprised Trump hasn't commented yet.

define freaked out?

immediate, overwhelming social and political response

Senator Rand Paul has argued that Black Lives Matter has focused on the wrong targets and has stated, "I think they should change their name maybe—if they were All Lives Matter, or Innocent Lives Matter."[8] President-elect Donald Trump has stated that "Black Lives Matter" is a divisive term and believes that the term is inherently racist.[9]

According to an August 2015 poll, 78% of likely American voters said that the statement All Lives Matter was "close[r] to [their] own" point of view than Black Lives Matter was. Only 11% said that the statement Black Lives Matter was closer. Nine percent said that neither statement reflected their own point of view.[10]

The internet facilitates the spread of the message "All Lives Matter" as a response to the Black Lives Matter hashtag as well as the "Blue Lives Matter" hashtag as a response to Beyonce's halftime performance speaking out against police brutality.

Right. Do you think Black Lives Matter? Yes or No. It's simple.

I'd say that I'm more of a Black Lives Wait and See kind of guy. Don't know if this topic has been discussed with enough detail to make a decision one way or another.

Why don't you ask my fellow right winger Bernie Sanders about that?

If you have a well-intended message that you put in a clumsy, exclusionary-sounding package you're constantly having to explain, maybe that's on you?

If you don't wish to acknowledge the obvious racist rhetoric and behavior of much of the BLM crowd that's on you. I realize the truth is sometimes hard for pc folks to deal with.

Back