• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

i wonder if they'll get rebuilt/repaired. i read an article a few years ago about how piers were dwindling because it's such a risky property to own.

the pier didn't collapse entirely. Just the last 30 feet of the pier or so. Still about half of it standing.

Looks like about 30 more feet of the pier at AB is about to go.

WXII has footage of Nags Head and they're making fun of a dude who's out on the beach, calling him foolish, and then they finally realize it's another reporter (it's WFMY, I was just watching the guy before they went to commercial).

Power is back on in Wilmington - still strong winds and rain but the worst was around 5am I'd say.

Power is back on in Wilmington - still strong winds and rain but the worst was around 5am I'd say.

Wow! As a Pepco customer that is beyond comprehension. In the last year I've lost power for days from an above average thunderstorm and another time from a few inches of snow.

Good luck, I hope you don't lose it again.

Spoke to one of our neighbors down there who rode out the storm. So far only one tree down in our development but not on any houses. One roof is gone, and lots of shingles all over the place. Very fortunate, considering by his report the island (Emerald Isle to Atlantic Beach) got hammered, much worse than people are initially reporting. He's a firefighter down there, and theyve not let the reporters out to any of the hardest hit places yet.

I'm in Richmond and I'm pretty surprised by how intense its been the past couple of hours... I've watched a couple of trees come down and a transformer blow.

just texted my mom to ask if they still have power. her response: "Yes. camped in the safest room. conveniently the bar"

Back