• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

i thought ny was getting it around 12. you guys have to be before then.

bish, your jersey shore is toast.

My mom says

"I think your dad is depressed that the weather isn't wilder. He's been watching TV (aka Hulu) for over 5 hours now with no signs of stopping! Without a shirt on!"

Just saw this on a friend's FB. Wildwood, NJ

28vroyb.jpg

Just talked to a buddy who stayed in Stone Harbor, NJ. It was right about high tide and he said it was the highest he's ever seen it, but otherwise things seem OK. He does sound like he's changed his mind and wants to leave if the tide drops enough for him to get off the island. Doesn't sound like any major damage fortunately, but clearly the worst hasn't hit yet.

Just turned on MSNBC. Their beach reporters in NJ and NY are all dressed like the Gorton's fisherman, with barely a drizzle going on in the background. Seems like the first time they've been asked to cover a hurricane.

Have a friend in Manhattan living on the 26th floor of an apartment building. This may be more difficult than she expects.

If you haven't actually experienced a hurricane I think it is really hard to imagine how stressful it can be!

I pray that she will stay safe.

My aunt and uncle in Rocky Mount have 9 trees (pine) down in their (small-ish) yard; 2 on the detached garage w/ some damage there, and 3 on the house (just laying there, no sig. damage), the rest in the yard. Trees down all over their neighborhood.
No word yet on the state of my other aunt and uncle's house out in Manteo; they were more concerned w/ storm surge but have lots of the pines around their house.

i thought ny was getting it around 12. you guys have to be before then.

bish, your jersey shore is toast.

Well it's been passing through the area since early afternoon but really just rain so far. The forecast shows the strongest winds of 35-40 MPH in the early morning.

Our beach house made it through with no significant damage. My dad is heading down tomorrow morning to help out the neighbors, and see if the flooding did any damage. I had planned to go down next weekend to help with the cleanup, but it looks like I won't be needed. I'm anxious to see how things are on the Crystal Coast island once daylight comes tomorrow and the reporters are able to go out and about on the island.

No power here in Richmond; a ton of debris spread everywhere & it seems like everyone on the block lost a tree or two except us.

Tornado touch downs within 30 minutes of both my parents and my inlaws houses. My parents are without power and most likely in bed (always good to sleep through this stuff) and not sure about his.

It's just starting to get real windy in DC. I expect that will continue for the next couple hours. saw a bunch of downed trees and stuff at the bar (which was only showing the weather).

Tree down in the back of our back yard that messed up the fence (oh well, it's just chain-link)... should provide some good wood for the fire pit, I guess!

This over-the-top coverage of Irene is weakening their alarm system. New Orleans says hello.

Back