• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Wait, ankle swelling on planes is something that happens to something other than old overweight people?

I don’t think I’ve peed on an airplane in years. Primarily because I’ve only flown domestic/Canada in that time but also because I always pee before boarding.

I've got a small bladder. Catamount has fat ankles. Each human is unique and deserves our respect.

Are you saying I should care less about college sports or just ignore the guy who gets stuck in the aisle next to me, with his ass four inches from my face, while I’m trying to nap.

Why are you napping, it is a 2 hour flight, right?

You guys are bitching about getting up to pee mid-flight, but the real savages are the people who immediately stand and/or jump out into the aisle as soon as the plane hits the jetway.

You guys are bitching about getting up to pee mid-flight, but the real savages are the people who immediately stand and/or jump out into the aisle as soon as the plane hits the jetway.

Seriously. Unless you have a very tight connection or are in serious pain and need to stand up to change positions, keep your ass in your seat until it's nearing time for your row to deplane.

I was on a flight one time and a suburban looking housewife traveling with her daughter stands up immediately after landing and tries to your the bathroom. The flight attendant obviously informs her that this is against the rules, it's at about that time it becomes clear she is shithoused and demands to go. Flight attendant forced her back into her seat, and the entire fucking plane had to wait after we got to the jetbridge for police officers to come on the plane and arrest her before we could get off. The saddest part was she was with her teenage daughter who looked absolutely mortified.

I'd argue those who stuff their carry-on in the first available spot regardless of where they are actually sitting are the true anarchists

What's wrong with taking a nap on a 2 hour flight?

I can't think of anything wrong with it, especially if it's at the end of a long day. I nod of on early morning flights too.

I can't think of anything wrong with it, especially if it's at the end of a long day. I nod of on early morning flights too.

The only time I avoid napping on flights is traveling with my kids or if I have work to do before I arrive.

I nap on almost any length of flight unless i've got something I have to get done work related, get outta here with naps ever being a problem.

Also, napping in the aisle seat is a power move because people who want to get up and walk around or needlessly pee have to deal with the possibility of waking you up which will obviously make you mad.

Not much better feeling on a plane than having the whole row to yourself on a long-haul flight (for us economy plebes). Happened to me recently on a flight to Chile. Laid down and slept like a baby.

Almost happened again coming back from a bachelor aprty in Cabo which would have been huge, but the flight attendant moved a husband and wife who weren't sitting together right beside me. Major deflation.

Not much better feeling on a plane than having the whole row to yourself on a long-haul flight (for us economy plebes). Happened to me recently on a flight to Chile. Laid down and slept like a baby.

Almost happened again coming back from a bachelor aprty in Cabo which would have been huge, but the flight attendant moved a husband and wife who weren't sitting together right beside me. Major deflation.

you should have peed on the open seats first. ya know, mark your territory.

Also, napping in the aisle seat is a power move because people who want to get up and walk around or needlessly pee have to deal with the possibility of waking you up which will obviously make you mad.

Which is why I prefer the window.

Back