• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I'm being picked up at 7 AM. It was their choice.

I'm so sorry. You guys know more than the people who are actually involved.

we certainly know more than you and you’re involved

pls don’t stand by boarding area while earlier groups board.

I know better. For the most part, even when my group is an earlier one, I like to wait towards the end of the boarding process. Who wants to sit in a cramped metal tube? Not I.

I never understood why planes didn't board from the back. You don't have to climb over people or wait too much.

Jet Blue used to have boarding from the front and back in Long Beach. That was really efficient.

I know better. For the most part, even when my group is an earlier one, I like to wait towards the end of the boarding process. Who wants to sit in a cramped metal tube? Not I.

Sure but you want your carryon in the tube with you.

I never understood why planes didn't board from the back. You don't have to climb over people or wait too much.

Because people much smarter that you have figured out a more efficient way to board.

Because people much smarter that you have figured out a more efficient way to board.

I don’t think it has as much to do with efficiency as it does passenger priority. Airlines used to board from the rear of the plane first. But now silver/gold/platinum/diamond/titanium/emerald/zirconium level frequent flyers don’t like to wait.

This is still mind boggling. RJ & Friends (RJ, this is a pretty cool name for a garage jam band) don't seem to employ logic or reason. Illogical things frustrate me.

think rj is talking about entering the plane from the back (go to town, knight)

people don't want to walk outside

[barca]in Europe, they have front and back loading [/barca]

It's almost like airlines aren't in business just to load planes as efficiently as possible.

I don’t think it has as much to do with efficiency as it does passenger priority. Airlines used to board from the rear of the plane first. But now silver/gold/platinum/diamond/titanium/emerald/zirconium level frequent flyers don’t like to wait.

Back to front is the slowest possible method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMgarcFkXz4

So someone thought that calling an Uber is forcing someone out of their bed to come get you? As opposed to the driver choosing to accept your ride?

This is still mind boggling. RJ & Friends (RJ, this is a pretty cool name for a garage jam band) don't seem to employ logic or reason. Illogical things frustrate me.

What frustrates you the most? The fact that he is waiting over two hours after landing from a cross country red eye flight to be picked up.....like it's 1989 or something?

Back