• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Never liked Delta much. Jet Blue, Alaska and Virgin don't seem to make you pay extra for choosing seats.

They don't. Perhaps their base price is higher for the origin and destination? Or their route / schedule is much less convenient (requires a connection vs not). Airline revenue management (they have the most advanced pricing of any one in the world) is all about segmenting demand as much as possible to offer the best price as possible to each group. Basic economy is a way of driving further segmentation.

New plan rj: You’re going to be physically miserable tomorrow. You stated earlier you are thinking you will only sleep 60-90 minutes on the flight. Solution: Take a shuttle to an airport hotel , take a 5 hour nap, shower and have them pick you up for an early lunch around 11. That’s sleeping at 2-7am on your body clock. No rush hour, no one has to wake up early, and you are clean and rested to see your relatives.
Boom.

That’s a good idea.

Rj is boarding soon. Hope he lets us know if he is sitting next to a fat guy, an armrest thief or a seatback recliner.

Some dude just offered me 60 bucks to switch from my aisle seat to his middle seat. Nope

How do we feel about saving a middle exit row seat on Southwest?

Saving or “saving?”

I don’t think I’d even take $100 for a middle seat unless it was between two smaller people.

saving

dude was saving it for his friend or coworker with a C boarding number

I'm at the point now where the rows getting smaller and smaller make the middle seat on the exit row more appealing than an aisle in a regular row

I'm at the point now where the rows getting smaller and smaller make the middle seat on the exit row more appealing than an aisle in a regular row

Yeah, I will pay up for a bulkhead or exit middle, if good aisle or windows aren't available.

Need a ruling: ordering a drink when seated in an exit row.

Back