• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I rarely get a drink in the exit row, because I don't want some random person to be offended. Also don't want to be the one person on the exit row that orders a cocktail. But it is free as part of American's Main Cabin Extra, so why not I guess.

I only started thinking about this recently when a woman in the exit row in front of me ordered a wine. Flight attendant didn't shame her, so I figured all was good.

snagged the middle exit row seat today

on one side was a dude watching Fox News on his phone the whole flight on the other was dude listening to a sermon

JetBlue not having a usb charger in their tv screen is annoying - and the charger being between the legs of the peeps in middle and window makes for interesting cord placements.

JetBlue not having a usb charger in their tv screen is annoying - and the charger being between the legs of the peeps in middle and window makes for interesting cord placements.

Lots of airlines have that setup. Usually I’m just happy if there is access to a working outlet or USB plug.

Don't you intrepid travelers have a portable phone charger so you're not having to look for an outlet ?

I rarely get a drink in the exit row, because I don't want some random person to be offended. Also don't want to be the one person on the exit row that orders a cocktail. But it is free as part of American's Main Cabin Extra, so why not I guess.

I only started thinking about this recently when a woman in the exit row in front of me ordered a wine. Flight attendant didn't shame her, so I figured all was good.

Definitely never thought twice about it and have never felt shamed or looked at strangely.

All of those are good options, just not always possible, especially if you are going to the airport from some place that isn't home/office - Delta and some others have the USB in everyones tv, personal charger, makes it easier. The JetBlue TV screen is massive, and the DirecTV option is great, but would have preferred to have a charged device.

I have a charging battery built into my roll-aboard bag. It pops out for portability or sometimes they make you take it out so you won't set the plane on fire. Very handy though.

My flight tonight had a very talkative attendant that was rather annoying.

Ha currently flying GSO to DTW. Can confirm lots of snow. Just landed and didn’t die.

I can't in good conscience recommend Spirit Airlines - except under unique circumstances. The flights were cheap, sure. But, the planes seem old and devoid of any modern conveniences. And they charge a fortune if you want to take any bags with you. And, I could never successfully check in and pay for the bags on their website so had to call them both times (each way). That was annoying.
If you catch one of their sales and don't need to take a bag - go for it.

Back